Chapter 1.5: Hades and a Mission

Nico's day was not going great. He woke up in the arms of his Apollo borne lover only to see his zombie chauffeur, Jules-Albert, standing in front of him with a sign saying "Nico Di Angelo, one way trip to the Underworld. ETA 0800."

Waking up only to see Jules Albert was not his desired way to start the day, to say the least. Nico quietly shakes Will's shoulder and nods towards Jules-Albert before mumbling quick apologies and goodbyes in Italian to his now wide-awake boyfriend who groans something about Nico always being called away when he finally has a day off from working in the infirmary.

After their quick goodbyes and a quick slip-on off his combat boots, Nico shadow travels with Jules-Albert to the heart of his father's palace. He checks the clock on the wall behind his father's throne and lets out a sigh of relief at seeing he had arrived just before eight. His father hated tardiness.

Adorned the thrones at the end of the room are his father Hades and step-mother Persephone. Persephone, ignoring Nico like usual, was cooing over a wilting venus flytrap as she used her revitalizing magic to bring it back to life. Hades, however, was staring intently at his son, his suit of woven souls mesmerizingly shifting and pushing against the fabric, begging to be let free of the cloth that imprisons them. "You summoned me?"

His father tilted his head, "You need to check out some wayward ghosts for me. Their contracts are coming up soon and we need to see if they need their contracts to be extended or if they need to be terminated and sent down here for judgment." This wasn't a weird request, Nico helps ghosts all of the time, often bringing them down here for judgment. It was the use of the word 'extend' that confused Nico.

Usually, when Nico is sent after ghosts, it's to either bind them to the place they died through creating a contract or help guide them to the Underworld. He has never had to extend a contract. "Extending a contract? Where am I going?"

Hades, never the one to smile, gave Nico a quirked eyebrow and a sharp laugh, "Hecate's little pet project. Pack your bags, you're going to Hogwarts."