Natsu x Lucy AU - Left Behind

A/N: So sorry for the suupppper long wait. but I hope you enjoy! Requested by: @Netherlands25 !

***Lucy's p.o.v***

I sighed as I stared at the thermometer in my hand.

"Nooooo! I can still- be S-class!" Natsu tried to utter out.

I shook my head, "Sorry Natsu but with a fever of 104 you're not going anywhere."

"But-" Natsu tried.

"You can't Natsu. You'll never be able to stand against Wendy in this state let alone Erza!" I told him.

"Yeah, Gray will make fun of you forever if you try to go like this," Happy told him.

Natsu groaned, "But I worked so hard for this!"

I smiled softly at him, "I know, but you'll be able to next year."

Natsu sighed, "Yeah... well good luck helping Cana. I hope she gets S-class instead of Gray."

I smiled at him, "You didn't think I was going to leave you behind, did you? I'm going to stay here and take care of you."

"Aye and me too!" Happy exclaimed.

"Wha? But what about Cana?" Natsu asked.

"Laki already said she would take over as Cana's partner for me," I smiled.

Natsu smiled weakly up at me, "Thanks Luce."

***Timeskip***

I didn't know what saying goodbye to my guildmates meant at the time. I thought I would only see them again in a few days, but I never expected... years to go by.

Hearing of their disappearance was a shock to everyone, especially Natsu.

Natsu of course never believed they were dead, even when the magic counsel stopped by to explain it was Agnologia's doing.

Natsu constantly went out to search for anyone with Happy.

He kept searching, and every time someone got down or sad, he would always cheer them up.

He never gave up on his guild. He even sacrificed being the number one guild for his guildmates.
Natsu kept all of us strong, which made me fall in love, with him.

As the years went by Natsu and I got married, adopted children, and had our own children.

We missed our friends dearly, but we never forgot them. We still searched for them, believing that one day, they would finally return home.

***Timeskip***

"Nashi! Be nice to your older sister's!" I yelled at her.

"Yeah, just because you can breathe fire doesn't mean you have to melt our swords," Mikasa scolded.

"Yeah! I worked hard to get the jewel for mine," Sasha argued.

"Whatever, your Reequip magic is nothing compared to my dragon slayer magic anyway," Nashi grumbled.

"At least Nezuko has more control of her Blood Demon slayer magic compared to you Nashi, and besides, Kanao's flower magic and my rune and letter magic are a lot more complex than both of your Reequip magic, Mikasa and Sasha, so quit complaining about Nashi ruining your swords because you leave them around all the time," Rueshi, the oldest son scolded.

"Please don't drag me into this," Kanao spoke softly.

"You're such a show off Rueshi," Nashi grumbled.