Stage 1: Denial

The train ride had been rather simple. A short ride toward the more rural outskirts of Tokyo with short conversations here and there between Denji and Power. Your mind had been in other realms. Your biggest thought was on what Mafayu was doing. It has been a while since you heard from her... then again I'm sure she can't just chat up with a government agency, and the lack of any communication on your part was an issue too. Other parts of your mind floated to recent events like living with that ponytail guy or... Makima... Damn that woman and her... curves... You were however brought back into reality as the train came to its scheduled stop and Power guided you and Denji to the location of this devil.

Power: It's that house! Nyako and that devil are in there!

Denji: Huh, well let's get going I guess.

The three of you walked close to one another. Power led the group while Denji trailed just behind her holding his weapon of an ax. When did he even bring that... you really need to pay more attention.

Denji: I don't wanna go chainsaw though. The anemia sucks...

Power: Huh? Chainsaw?

Denji: Yeah, I can turn into a chainsaw.

(Y/n): Eh, so you're some sorta chainsaw devilman?

Denji: I guess so. What kinda devilman are you, (Y/n)? 

Your fingers lifted to your chin. What sort of devil were you? You were extremely strong but you've never needed to fuse or change or use a weapon to kill a devil. The only clue you had was the line in your face. 

(Y/n): Hmmm... I think I'm a-

Power: Human jokes aren't funny.

A moment of silence filled for a few steps before Denji spoke up.

Denji: Ummm?

Power: What is it?

Denji: Wouldn't it be bad if that demon saw you and used the cat as a hostage? You shouldn't be getting this close, right?

(Y/n): You know... that makes a lot of sense. Let me go up to the house first. He shouldn't know me as far as I know and I can pretty handle a devil in close quarters.

You took a few steps in front of Power before your body froze, warning signs flaring in your mind.

Power: Ohhh? Was that the setting?

Denji: Setting?

Power: I misspoke. Well...

Your body turned as quickly as your joints would allow just in time to see Denji and Power attacking each other. The agile Power won out in the bought and used a mallet used of her own blood to dispatch the slower Denji. It was then her gaze turned to you and charged. You attempted to reason with yourself as to why Power was doing this, but your second of hesitation was enough for Power to nail an attack into your right cheekbone. Unlike normal flesh, however, your face seemingly cracked, breaking like cheap plaster and the shock of the event allowed Power another attack into your left temple to knock your lights out. 

Your body was forced back into consciousness as a large crashing sound filled your ears and the light of day flooded through something to light your face. Your eyes peeled open to scan the ground before you as your muscles were still being brought back awake. There was shattered wood and roofing here and there and in the corner of your eye, you caught sight of Denji on the ground bleeding out. It was then you took notice of your sight in general. Your right eye's vision was... well it was shattered, it was like a kaleidoscope, broken pieces here and there reaching your brain. Your right hand lifted lazily and managed to fumble around with sleeping nerves until your fingers grazed upon your face. It was... broken. Broken. Your face felt like broken glass, jagged with pieces seeming moved or out of place. It seems while you were moved in your passed-out state the original hammer strike on your cheekbone spread across the right side of your face with your face threatening to fall apart. Even the crevice in your jaw seemed ready to fall apart.