• 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙵𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚕 𝙻𝚊𝚗𝚍𝚖𝚊𝚛𝚔 •

Valini regained consciousness and looked around to find her in a dark room tied up. She shouted for help but nobody came to her rescue.

"Tarak! Release my hold! Right now! You human, I didn't eat anything since yesterday night. I am hungry and I will die soon",she shouted.

They sat in the living room in front of Kshitija's picture with a diya( a candle) infront of her.

"Shall we go Nishu?",he asked and she nodded.

They locked the door and went away from there to the place he dug a grave. There he saw the beggar who helped him.

He was a mentally challenged person, Tarak went and laid down in the grave he dug.

" Cover my grave",he said and the beggar gave him a weird look and then laughed while doing it. Tarak cut his wrist and let the blood ooze out.

He wanted to end his painful life which he was living since the day his daughter whom he loved more than anything in this world was no more, when he was trying to come over it his wife left him too. It broke him inside out.

His grave was filled up and the beggar jumped in joy, for completing the task on the other hand, Valini was left in that room, nobody heard her screams.

Months passed by.. Police started investigating the case on Tarak's parents pressure.

They found the home which they went to before Tarak committed suicide. They opened the door to see a girl in her late twenties while her hand was eaten up and she layed their while her body was about to be decomposed.

They looked for Tarak but not finding him anywhere, they declared him as dead.

Meanwhile in these months how did Valini die?

That day Valini was with the hope that Tarak would open the door if not that day, maybe some other day.

She thought he would atleast give her food daily, he was not too inhumane like her.

She waited and waited, it was past midnight and she heard the door sound open.

"I knew it Tarak! You would come for me. I know you love me and you want me",she said seductively.

She heard no response and the door closed,she tried to remove her hands from the rope which was tied and after like struggling till early morning she was successful.

She went to open the door and she failed to, she was thrown back. She was taken back.

" Who is it? Who are you?",she asked.

Their appeared a shadow in a red saree, it didn't take much time for Valini to understand who it was.

"Kshitija.. ",she called out faintly.

" Yes Valini. How is everything here? You are doing great right?",she asked.

"Kshi.. ",she was about to speak and she was dragged back into the chair and she could not run anywhere.

" What Valini? What is your problem? Why did you kill me? What harm did I do to you?",she asked.

"Your happiness was my biggest problem Kshitija! Everything which I wanted in my life was in your life which made me do things till this extent",she spoke aggressively.

"You know what Valini! You could take everything from me, but what are you left with now? Nothing! Nobody to call as yours and nothing to call as yours. Nobody from here this town would come here in search of you. Goodbye Valini. Have a safe journey to hell. You don't deserve to live",Kshitija said and vanished from that place.

"What did you do to Tarak Kshitija? How did he get to know about all this?",she shouted.

Kshitija jumped onto her with red eyes staring into Valini's eyes which were filled with fear of loosing her life. The same eyes were happy when she killed Kshitija and Nishitha.

" What Valini? Got scared of being dead? Do you know? Can you at least imagine what my daughter went through? No you can't because you are no human you are a witch. From the day I was dead, I have been trying to gain all the clues and come to Tarak. But then you convinced him and tricked him to get married to you",she shouted aggressively.

"You got struck in our trap so easily Valini! It was easy to trap you. You don't have any idea how much Tarak had to go through just because of your jealousy and selfishness. Three innocent people had to pay for it. Three of them lost their lives Valini. You killed us, you killed me and my daughter physically but you killed Tarak mentally",she said and cried loudly wailing and cursing Valini.

"You have to feel the loneliness which my husband had to go through just because of the things you have done. Nobody would come here till you die. Good bye Valini",Kshitija said and vanished into thin air.

"Kshitija! Kshitija! Damn",Valini banged the chair and it broke into pieces. Several times Valini tried to escape from there but there was no option. Weeks passes by yet nobody came for her rescue. She was hungry to such an extent that she started eating herself, her skin.

She wasn't able to bear the loneliness and her shouts had no response. Guilt overcame her soul but she had no choice to repent her mistakes. She wanted to die, and God granted her wish. She passed away after 2 weeks.

Valini never thought her anniversary date would end up with her death and then she reached her
Final destination - Her Grave Into Ashes.

What Valini did was extremely wrong and nobody had the right to kill others and exploit others no matter who they are. Her jealousy and selfishness costed a family's lives, the karma she did hit her back in the form of her final landmark.

********
The End

This short story might not be too satisfying for you all, but this is an attempt from my side to tell you all that never ever ruin other's lives, you have no right to do that. You never know what will be in store of you the next moment.

To the person who is reading this, Life is short bro, we don't know when it will end and how it will end. Be happy and keep others happy in this journey of ours. Whatever happens don't hurt others and never let yourself down as well.

That's all! Thank you for reading.

Do drop your reviews for this story. They would mean a lot to me.

Your Author
Sakshi Devi