Juliet - Cavetown

"You didn't have to come with." Piper kept her eyes trained onto the ground, stepping on all the leaves possible to hear the satisfying crunch of them. Alex insisted that they walked across to Drawler, Piper still wasn't sure if it was allowed but didn't say anything.

"I know."

"So why did you?"

Piper wasn't sure what she wanted Alex to respond with, but she looked at the brunette with this hopeful glance as they walked on the path. Alex took a long inhale of the air before letting out a dry laugh.

"To see the game, of course. I've been needing an excuse to watch Drawler get their asses handed to them."

That wasn't what Piper was looking for. But then again, what was she looking for?

"Want some?" Alex had a joint in her hand, a lighter in the other. Piper had gotten high before, but the first time was with Danny and all the times after that was with her new friend group. It was all relatively new to her. She nodded her head as Alex lit it and took a long drag, handing it over.

"You don't have to go either," Piper handed Alex the joint back "If you tell him that I puked my brains out so you have to stay I'll vouch."

Piper exhaled the smoke through laughs, stumbling a bit from the alcohol that was still in her system. She grasped Alex's sleeve to stay upright. Piper held onto it tightly the rest of their walk as they passed the joint back and forth.

/\

"You smell like weed."

"This whole place smells like weed."

Larry raised an eyebrow at her but kept whatever response he had in his throat. Instead, he sat down and wrapped an arm loosely around Piper and pulled her close. Moments later he let out a loud cheer, pulling his arm away and jutting it into the air. It was a delayed yell, only doing it after the other students around them started to cheer.

Alex didn't know how to explain it but it seemed like something someone named Larry would do.

Eventually, Larry stood up and gave Piper a prompt kiss on the side of her head before telling her he was going to go tell his friends something. "Polly was pretty excited when she found out you were coming."

And he gave her that look, like when Berdie expected them to recite something word for word. Piper gave him a thin lipped smile "I'll talk to her in a bit."

It was probably unfair to Polly, they hadn't really talked in a week except for in passing. So, at some time tonight Piper definitely has to make some sort of appearance to her.

"Larry." Alex dragged his name out slowly as soon as the boy was out of earshot. Piper gave her this confused look, and Alex bent forward in her laughter.

"What?"

"That is the...least moanable name I have ever...heard. How do you do it?" Piper had this straight face, staring at Alex for a moment while her words registered in her head. Suddenly, Piper bent forward into a fit of giggles causing Alex to lean back onto her elbows on the bleachers, continuing her laughter.

"I mean, he is just destined to be bad in bed." Piper had this stuttered nod, tears started to prickle in her eyes.

"And your name is moanable?" Alex scoffed and nodded, as if it were just given knowledge.

"The most. Yours isn't." Pipers laughter died in her throat at that, her eyes shot to Alex's in a second. She looked almost offended.

"My name is so moanable. Try it."