When he meets your daughter | Park Jimin

I walked with Jimin hand in hand to my front door, before opening I turned to look at Jimin. I could see the nervousness in his eyes and the want to be accepted by my daughter, it was so heartwarming to see that he really wanted to be liked by her.

I caressed the back of his hand with my thumb in circles to calm his nerves down. "Baby, it will be okay." I reassured him and he gave me a quick nod in return.

I opened the front door to see my neighbour Bella playing with Kimiko, the one thing I was blessed about is to see the beautiful smile on my 5 year old daughter's face.

Kimiko's eyes brightened when she saw me, she sprinted to me with her arms out. "Mummy!" She yelled out and I wrapped my arms around her tiny figure and sat her on my hips.

"Hey sweetheart, did you have fun with Bella?" I gave her a kiss on the cheek and she giggled.

"Yes! We were baking a cake." She squealed out excitedly which put a big smile on my face, I turned to look at Jimin and his face mirrored my expression.

"Thank you so much for looking after Kimiko, Bella." I said to her in gratitude. "It's alright, I love looking after this little ball of sunshine." She walked up to Kimiko and gave her a kiss on the cheek.

"Bye Kiki." Bella waved at her and Kimiko waved back before Bella exited the front door.

"Kimiko, there's somebody I'd like you to meet." I said, and Kimiko looked up at me in curiosity.

I put her down on her feet before stepping aside so Jimin was in her view. "Sweetie, this is Jimin." I introduced then I smiled at him to which he smiled back. He walked towards Kimiko and bent down to her level. "Hey princess, it is nice to finally meet you." He gave her his beautiful eye smile as he gently spoke to her.

"Hi." She smiled shyly, shaking his hand.

"Would you like to go the funfair?" He questioned.

"Really?!" Her eyes sparkled in excitement as she jumped while clapping her hands, Jimin and I chuckled and he nodded in agreement.

Jimin, Kimiko and I enjoyed ourselves a lot at the funfair, we took Kimiko on rides, bought a big bear for her and cotton candy, seeing that smile on her face was worth more than diamonds.

Jimin held onto my waist while I held Kimiko's hand on my left hand as we walked towards the exit. Kimiko held ice cream on her other hand and I chuckled when I saw it go all over her cheeks.

"Jimin, you didn't have to pay for everything." I said in guilt and Jimin chuckled while shaking his head.

"I wanted to, my love." He pecked my forehead and I sighed in content.

We sat down on the grass in the park, watching as the sun was slowly setting. "Baby, I'll be back, I want to buy some wipes to clean Kimiko's face off." I let him know and Jimin nodded in understanding.

I walked back to the park with a packet of wipes in my hand, then I overheard a conversation between Jimin and Kimiko that made me halt.

"Do you love my mummy?" Kimiko questioned as she looked at Jimin with her innocent doe eyes.

"I love your mummy very much." Jimin replied with sincerity which made my heart skip a beat.

"Please don't hurt my mummy." Kimiko said with a sad voice and I felt a tug in my chest, I didn't like seeing my daughter sad.

"I would never hurt your mummy, princess." Jimin's eyes widened in concern as he spoke those words.

"I don't remember much but daddy kept screaming at mummy and mummy would have boo boos." Kimiko played with her fingers and my heart stopped when I heard those words leave her mouth, tears were blurring my vision as flashbacks of those days haunted my mind.

I saw Jimin clench his jaw, he knew about my abusive relationship and it angered him to know that my ex used to physically hurt me but thankfully I got away, my daughter's safety was my first priority.

"Your mummy makes me happy, I would never hurt her, I pinky promise." He showed his pinky finger and wrapped it around hers to promise which made Kimiko smile.

"Can you be my daddy?" She gave her puppy dog eyes and I widened my eyes in shock, I looked at Jimin and he was just as shocked.

"Do you want me to be?" He questioned as Kimiko fiddled with her fingers.

"W-well...you make me and mummy happy, and t-that's what daddy's are s-suppose to do..." Kimiko said timidly.

"I'll be your daddy then." Jimin smiled which made Kimiko spill tears in happiness and wrapped her arms around his neck to which Jimin embraced her back.

I wiped the tears off my cheeks and walked up to them, then sat down in front of Jimin and Kimiko. From how Jimin looked at me, he knew I was listening, from his eyes, he was questioning if I was okay and I nodded.

Kimiko pulled away and gave a toothy grin. I took out a wipe and wiped the ice cream off her cheeks then she began to play with her big bear.

Jimin pulled me into his lap no wrapped his arm around my waist, holding me tightly and we both gazed into each others eyes, full of adoration and respect for each other.