Cнαpтer Eιɢнт » Tнe Wαrɴιɴɢ

I raised a brow in suspicion at him but went against my doubts anyway. I popped my shoulders in the manner of a shrug, "sure, why not?" I reply nonchalantly.

He kept the bike still, not daring to pull any tricks once my bum settled onto the vibrating leather. His eyes trackback to me, a sly smirk crossing his mouth.

"You might want to hang on."

My eyes rotate around their brims, scowling.

"Like hell."

He lifts one shoulder, "your choice." 

He clicks his tongue and kicks the gas-filled bike into gear. He rears up the motorcycle, the front wheel still in the air, the lower one screeching up dust and dirt. Even though it was only for a moment, I could sense my back starting to fall, which would pull the rest of my body down.

"Levi!" I hiss out through a yell, my arms both snatching his waist, entangling together.

His body rackets as he hums out a chuckle.

"Fucking little shit..." I mutter.

"Still insulting me, I see," Levi notes.

Even though his face isn't visible, I can feel the smirk plastered on his face.

Followed by that, I utter out a groan, puffing my cheeks and blowing my long bangs in the air. The rest of the journey to our unknown destination was acquired by a comfortable silence, oddly enough.

"We're here." His words of monotone cut through the quiet air that hovers over us.

Not replying to him, I slip off the motorcycle, once he lifted both legs off the leather seat. My eyes scour the view in front of us.

"Where exactly is here?" I ask, drifting my gaze to Levi for an answer.

His eyes switch from what's in front of us to me.

"Just come on." He insists, lamely beckoning a hand for me to trail after him.

He leads me to what starts to be a steep hill. Just when a burn starts to settle in my legs, we've reached the peak of the hill. Seeing the view, amazement struck my heart.

"Wow," I whisper. What stands before us is a view of the entire city of Maria. "It's beautiful," I continue, my voice sounding breathless.

"It sure is," Levi mumbles, his eyes also focused on the view of the city.

I sneak a look at him, my eyes glazed with surprise.

Never in all my life would I ever expect such a way of words like that to come out of Levi. He's usually so -- stoic and serious.

For him to say something like that, someone would have to offer him money just to say something is beautiful. Then what catches me even more by surprise is his stormy blue irises looking over at me. 

Followed by that, my breath is captured in my throat.

What the hell is wrong with me? This is so unlike me. Especially towards him.

Muffled by the sleeve of my hoodie, a small constant beep emits from my wrist. The same wrist that is covered by the bracelet that Dad specifically made for me.

Why is it choosing now of all times to go off? Oh, maybe because of the close proximity.

Then an undetectable frown crinkles my face.

Wait, the bracelets only go off to signify to the person wearing them that they've found their soulmate. Oh. Oh no. No, no, no! This can't be happening! I already have Eren, even though apparently he's the wrong one. What's worse is, Levi already got bonded with Petra.