𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗼𝗼𝗱𝘀

"Klaus is missing, I don't know where is he or how much longer I can stay here without him" Elena was whispering because she was so damn sure that hunters were wandering around for her heart. "Rebekah, please! If they have him-"

"He was clear that he did not need our help, so why would I provide my assistance only to waste my time?" Blonde woman talked from the other end of the phone, making Elena close her eyes with pain. "Rebekah, I know you said you wanted him dead but-"

"But what? I still do! He betrayed us Elena and therefore, he betrayed you. He tried to end your life, are you that delusional to think that he cares about any of us or you, to be specific"

Elena sniffed and held her phone even tighter. When Rebekah heard her crying, she sighed and looked at the wall in front of her. Elena was her dearest friend, her sister from another mother. "Elena, sweetheart-"

"I am pregnant Rebekah" Blonde's eyes widened and she was sure her mouth was wide open, still trying to find the words. Elena pressed her hand to her mouth to avoid any sobs to escape. "I will send some of my vampires and they will transport you back to us, you have nothing to be afraid of-"

"Rebekah, we can't leave him! I won't leave him! I am not going to tell my daughter that I left her father to die" She whispered harshly and the blonde just shrugged even though Elena was not able to see. Her brother, half brother, was a monster and he deserved to die. He was a mongrel who should have never came to this world. "Why would I care about that abomination?"

"You are calling your brother abomination and what result do you expect about the baby in my womb? His baby, the one carrying the same qualities!"

"That baby is innocent, Elena, Niklaus is a monster who had ruined our lives. Thousand years on the run only to save ourselves from his wrath. Even father had mercy on us, but that ruthless monster did never. So the baby, your baby, will be perfectly protected as well as you" Blonde tried to convince her, but brunette was still thinking. Not like she was in love with Klaus, or what she was telling to herself patheticly, and he made her promise that she was going to protect the baby and herself all the time. However she could not find it in herself to leave him alone, not after everything they had been trough.

"Kol wants to talk, do you think you are ready to talk? He is aware of your current condition" Rebekah said slowly from the other end of the phone, pointing at her pregnancy. Elena gulped, their history with Kol was pretty tangled. "Is he angry?"

"No, he has no right to be! He decided that it would be the best if you two did cut the ties" Three years ago, Kol and Elena were together, and happy. And then his maniac brother came in, deciding that using her precious blood to change the werewolves into hybrids would be an actual peace, Kol took it as a declaration of war.

Klaus had won the war, to be humble, he took Elena from them and the night before the most tragic day in her life, Kol decided that it was a better option them to break up. Rebekah knew how much Elena had begged him not to leave her like that but Kol being Kol, he was scared of his brother.

Kol's grip around the phone got tightened as she took a deep yet shaky breath. "Elena, where are you?" Elena looked around the little cabinet she was in, she was not sure. She just knew that she somehow managed to escape when they surrendered their house. "I- I don't know! I found this phone here, hell! What am I going to do? What if they are after me?"

"Listen to me, I am not letting anyone to hurt you or the child you are carrying. I will be there-" His sentence were cut down with Elena's scream. He winched and gulped, was not able to talk. "Elena, darling, what's going on?" Elena was stunned, she was just looking at the wolf in front of her with fear. "Elena-"