Chapter 17

It was a cloudy Saturday. It was a beautiful day, despite the dark clouds forming. Momo cupped the tea in her hands, the warmth soothing her as she walked out of the kitchen, heading up to Todoroki's room. 

About 2 months into their relationship, Momo came into this routine where every morning, she would bring him a nice cup of tea to wake him up. She would gently stroke his hair and brush his bangs out of his eyes until he woke up. 

Todoroki would slowly wake up and sit up, murmur something to himself before making a little small chat with her while he sipped his tea. 

It started when she made too much tea for herself during the first week. She poured it into two cups and figured that Todoroki would want cup as well. Momo brought it up for him and saw that he was still sleeping, and gently woke him up by caressing his locks. 

Of course, he was naturally surprised, but took the cup from her and sipped the tea with her, enjoying this start of the day and naturally started to get used to it. 

Momo gently opened the door and closed it behind her, making a soft noise. Todoroki was on his side with his mouth just slightly parted, letting out soft breaths. She made a little dip in the bed as she sat down.

Reaching her hand out, she ran her fingers through his hair and watched as his heterochromatic eyes slowly opened, meeting hers. Todoroki softly smiled at her as he turned on his back, slowly sitting up as she retracted her hand. 

"Morning, sleepy head." Momo said, holding out the cup of tea to him. Todoroki lifted his hands out under the blanket and took the cup of tea, taking a sip from the warm liquid. 

Todoroki faintly smiled at her. "Morning." He said in a deep voice, taking another sip of his tea. 

Momo froze at how deep his morning voice was and sighed. Something she would really not get used to. "How'd you sleep?" She said, placing her hands on top of each other.

Todoroki nodded with closed eyes and took another sip of tea. "Mhm." He mumbled, looking back up to her. 

The female gently ruffled his hair. "I have to go get ready to go out. I have to get more stuff for the class." Momo said, standing up from the bed and getting ready to leave. 

"Where are you going?" Todoroki asked, putting the cup to the side and jumping out of bed. 

Momo turned around. "Just going to the grocery store. I swear, sometimes I feel like the mother of the class. I'm also going to the cafe to pick up some breakfast. You want something from there?" She asked, pulling her phone out of her pocket and scrolling through the apps.

"No, no, I'll come with you." Todoroki said.

Momo stifled a laugh. "Okay, well then, go ahead and change. You're still shirtless and in sweatpants." With that sentence, she glanced back at him and let a warm blush take over her face. "Anyways, meet me downstairs. We can walk, it's close enough."

Todoroki looked down at his chest and nodded. "Okay." He answered.

-

Momo was wearing a black shirt that fit her tightly, along with a simple dark blue skirt that stopped about an inch below her knee. 

She heard the elevator ding open and instinctively looked up and her face dropped. "Seriously, how does this keep happening to us?" Momo sighed exasperatingly, looking at the ground. 

Todoroki walked towards her. "You ready to go?" He asked, tucking his hands in his pockets. He was attired in a dark blue collared shirt with one flap tucked into his black jeans, a black leather belt around his waist.

Matching.

Again. 

Todoroki and Momo met eyes.

How does this keep happening to us? 

"We have to get to the cafe." Momo quickly said, breaking eye contact with him and putting her phone in a white purse that hung on her shoulder. "Let's go!" 

-

"Wasn't that good, Todoroki?" Momo asked, licking her fingers of the chocolate, savoring the delicious taste and sighing happily. 

Todoroki finished the last of the pastry by throwing it into his mouth and chewing it down. "Mhm." He murmured, leaning back and looking up at the ceiling. 

"'Kay," Momo said, standing up and putting her purse back on her shoulders, scooting out of the booth and standing up. She brushed her hands against each other to get any stray flakes off her hands and smiled. "We have to get going to the grocery store." 

Todoroki nodded, agreeing with her and stood up with her. He followed behind her, the door making a little ding as they walked out. The lady at the counter said, "Have a great day!" As they left, Todoroki giving a little wave as the door closed behind them. 

He peered over at Momo who was looking at her phone, scrolling through the items that they needed. "So, what're we looking for?" Todoroki asked, surprising her slightly as she looked to her side. 

"Some mochi for Ochako, peppers and ingredients for curry for Bakugo, some meat for Kirishima, some yellow... fruits for Kaminari, candy for Mina, and some other things." Momo said, tucking her phone back into her purse. 

"Okay." Todoroki said simply. 

Momo felt a drop of rain fall onto her head and looked up. It seemed like the dark grey clouds weren't just... well, clouds. The rain started to pour down on them as the people around them started to rush in the nearest building that was in their sight, covering their heads with anything that was in their hands, running inside. 

Todoroki looked down at her, looking at the clouds, not even running away or hiding from the rain. She turned to him and grabbed his neck, pulling his head down and kissing him, letting the rain fall on her shoulders. 

He pulled away for a second to look at her. "What're you doing?" Todoroki asked.

It's not like he didn't want to kiss her; he was too lucky to have her. But... it was still raining.

"I just love the rain." Momo said, gently running her hands through his hair. "And I love you."

Todoroki was hit with shock as he heard those words. "I... I love you too." He murmured under his breath, a slight smile on his lips. 

He had forgotten this feeling. The feeling to be loved. After living in an abusive household for over 16 years, he had forgotten it. He hadn't been surrounded by people who love him for a while. 

But all he needed was the one person here, in front of him, to love him. 

Her lips immediately crashed into his again, pulling his head down and clutching his hair in her hands. The rain poured down onto them as they kissed, his hands wrapped around her back. She pulled away for a second and smiled.

"You're just... amazing, Todoroki." Momo whispered, pressing her head into his chest, hugging him tight with her hands around his neck.

Todoroki placed his chin on her head and smiled. "You are too." 

There was a flash in the building they were standing near, a reporter snapping tons of pictures of the two. "This'll make for a great story. Endeavor's son has a girlfriend? That will get a ton of publicity."