1 - today will be different.

wilbur woke in his london studio apartment, feeling the same empty feeling as always.
everything just seemed so pointless.

as his eyes adjusted to the sunlight shining weakly through his window he felt a shift deep in his chest. a feeling he could only describe as strange. as his mood seems immediately lifted and he felt wanted. like he had a purpose.

he started his day as normal, but with a rare smile on his face. something he hadn't seen on himself in ages. what was this elating feeling?

as to make the most of this burst of purpose in him, wilbur decided he would go out today. he hasn't left his apartment in weeks, only to get food occasionally but even then the air was foggy and unpleasant. he hated it here. in london.

he put on a yellow knitted sweater and a pair of black loose fitting jeans and got ready for the day. as he was putting his shoes on to set off on a walk he heard a noise come from his phone.

a text from tommy.

wilbur smiled, tommy had been checking up on him to make sure he was taking care of himself. tommy was wilbur's bestfriend, like a younger brother - annoying. but cared for him more than words can explain.

tommy :)

hey will, you ok man?

hi tommy, actually yes
i'm doing great today!

good to hear, about to leave
for college so will text you
later,but text me if you need
anything at all! bye :)

will do! bye tommy

smiling to himself wilbur once again put his phone in his pocket, grabbed a jacket and his guitar case and ventured into the streets of london. today would be a good one.

as he walked down the streets he found a small grass patch with a bench. it was peaceful. a quiet area where he could be alone. he retrieved his guitar from its case and began to play a song he'd been working on recently.

to deal with the isolation of living alone in this awful city he began to write music. a way of coping. as he shut his eyes and began to strum the guitar he felt light, almost a free feeling. it was relieving to him. it made him happy.

he stayed, absorbed in this moment, for a while. he didn't know how long. it didn't matter how long, but he loved the feeling.

however as he opened his eyes in the corner of his vision he could see a girl wearing glasses similar to his, some blue flared baggy jeans and a rainbow knitted sweater, a tote bag laid on the bench beside her as she smiled in his direction.

she was sat with a book on her lap, looking over in his direction, seemingly momentarily - mesmerised by the tranquility of his guitar playing.

as he turned his head towards her she quickly averted her gaze down to her book, although still slightly looking up at him. right into his eyes. he felt himself blushing and then began packing his guitar away, slightly embarrassed.

he was about to head back home when he thought to himself. just go and say hi, you could make a friend here. you could finally be less alone.

reluctantly he stopped heading towards his apartment and turned around before walking towards the girl, now engrossed in the novel balanced in her lap.

he approached and she looked up, slightly flushed still from their initial interaction.

"hi i'm wilbur", she looked blankly at him for a second. wilbur, worried he'd made her uncomfortable blurted, "sorry i didn't mean to make you uncomfortable i just-", he was interrupted.

"i'm ivy", she spoke softly, her eyes met his as she become increasingly more red, "sorry you didn't make me uncomfortable i'm just not great at talking to people", emitting nervous laughter.

wilbur smiled at her nerves, "no worries, so ivy, may i sit?"

immediately a smile flashed across her face as she said "of course wilbur."

———————————————————————————

A/N
hi! so this is the first chapter, sorry if this isn't the best haha