~31~

The young Asteria held onto the banister up the stone steps to the door to the Black's house

The young Asteria held onto the banister up the stone steps to the door to the Black's house. "Behave yourself here," Cepheus ordered his daughter with a hiss before he straightened his coat and knocked on the door.

The door then opened and a couple opened the door. "Orion." He nodded at the man with sideburns and dark hair. "Walburga." He turned to the thin and boney woman and kissed the top of her hand.

"Asteria, say hello." He turned and hissed at the young girl. She stepped forward and curtesy at the couple. "Good morning." She said which made them all nod in satisfaction.

"Sirius is in the study, might as well start a connection before you get married." Asteria wore a face of disgust for a moment before nodding and stepping into the house and towards the study.

The door was ajar and inside was a boy who was her age. His dark hair was messy and untamed as if he had messed it up purposely. The sleeves to his white button-up had been rolled up to his elbows and his shirt was untucked.

He was sat at a desk and reading a book which was in a language she didn't understand. "Reg, I told you to- oh." He stopped when he looked up to see the girl. "Are you that girl I'm forced to marry?" He asked with an unimpressed looked which made her nod. "Great." He muttered as he rolled his eyes.

He then turned away and continued reading which made her peer over. "Do want to read it or are you just creeping around?" He asked. "I can't understand that." She replied to the boy.

"You can't read Latin!" He exclaimed before he snickered. "How dumb do you need to be to not know it?" He asked before turning back to his book. She rolled her eyes. "Charming." She muttered as she turned around.

That was when she noticed a boy who was slightly shorter than her running around the entrance hall alone. Curious, she wandered over. "Hello," She called out which made him jump. "Oh, hello." He replied awkwardly. "Can I play with you?" The young girl asked him. "Would you?" He asked with wide eyes.

"We can play hide and seek! I'll count!" He then turned to face the wall and covered his eyes with his hands. "1...2...3," He started to count.

Asteria looked around for a hiding spot until she spotted a small table which she hides under, her legs pulled up to her chest. "Ready or not, here I come!" He shouted before hurrying into the dining room of the house.

"Well I'm glad that it's all planned out," Cepheus said as the three purebloods walked out of the kitchens at the back of the house. "Then it's final. Our oldest will marry." Orion said firmly.

They started to walk past the table which Asteria was hidden under. However, her legs had gotten tired and she stretched them out which made Cepheus trip over them. "You stupid girl." He hissed as he grabbed her wand and dragged her out from under the table.

Hearing the commotion, the two Black children walked into the entrance hall to see Cepheus drag his daughter sharply out of the house. "What happened?" Orion ordered. "We were playing hide and seek," Regulus replied.

"Why didn't you stay in your room?" Walburga hissed at her youngest son. Sirius pulled his brother to stand behind him as he kept a strong face as his parents got into his face.

-☘︎︎-

Asteria found Regulus wandering around the halls of the castle alone and she took the opportunity to apologise. "Reg," She called out which made him turn around. "I'm sorry. I was just looking out for you." She continued which made him scoff.

"Then stop." He replied as he started to walk away. "Regulus Arcturus Black! Quit being an arrogant sod and listen to me!" She shouted which made him sigh before turning around. "Do you really expect me to not care every time you get injured doing that stupid game?" She asked, making the Slytherin look down at the floor. "Kindly, you need to stop being an arsehole." She added.

Regulus let out a sigh before nodding. "Sorry," He apologised. "I guess I was just embarrassed that I fell off my broom and took it out on you." He added. "So are you going to stop being a prick?" She asked.

He rolled his eyes before nodding and the two hugged in the empty hallway.