~32~

Asteria sat in her Potions class with her head on the desk

Asteria sat in her Potions class with her head on the desk. With her quill, she drummed on the edge of the desk. "It's the most important day tomorrow! My birthday!" Peter exclaimed to his friends but they had been hearing him brag about his birthday for the whole month.

"Are you guys even listening?" Peter asked his friends who were so tired they didn't reply. "I am." The Hufflepuff said with a smile. "So, tell me what you're getting for your birthday." She added which made him hurry over to the empty chair beside her.

-☘︎︎-

That night, Asteria sat on her bed with her legs crossed listening to the Beatles from the record player in her room. She was knitting a present for the Gryffindor boy and was yawning loudly as she was rushing to get it done before the sun rises.

Finally, she put it in her top drawer to keep it safe before getting under her covers and closing her eyes.

-☘︎︎-

She woke up the next day and went for breakfast in the Great Hall. Suddenly, loud singing made everyone look over at the entrance to the hall.

Walking in was Sirius and James singing happy birthday to Peter whilst Remus walked with his head down in shame. Asteria caught eye contact with the red faced Peter and chuckled as she shook her head.

She lifted a final spoonful to her mouth before swinging her legs out from under the table and hurrying to her first class, Potions. She was the first one in which surprised the professor. "You're early Miss Parkinson." Slughorn said. "Well, I enjoy your lessons sir." She replied with a fake smile before hurrying to the boy's desk.

She placed the present she had made for him down on his desk before scribbling a note just in time for other students to walk in.

Asteria the flung her bag off of her shoulder and sat down at her empty desk waiting for the lesson to begin. Lily smiled at the Hufflepuff as she walked in. "Asteria! Do you want to sit with us since you seem lonely there?" She asked. Asteria hummed in thought for a moment before remembering she would be far from James so she agreed and moved beside the red headed girl.

Just then, the Marauders came walking into the class laughing and talking loudly. They started to approach their desks which was when James noticed the knitting on Peter's desk and scanned through the note. "Plant pot warmers!" He exclaimed with a laugh.

Peter snatched the orange and green knitted plant pot warmers and the note. "Leave it alone. Barney will loves these." Peter said with wonder and he inspected his present. He was referring to one of his favourite plants which was right by his bedside.

"Who's it from?" James then asked. Peter turned the note over to see Asteria's name. "Asteria." He said. James scoffed before sitting down at his desk.

Remus had sat beside the messy haired boy and opened his potion book. "Do you see this?" James asked with a whisper. "What?" Remus replied with a look of confusion. "She made him some stupid plant pot warmers." He hissed back.

"She seems really nice." Remus replied with a shrug as they looked at the Hufflepuff. "Nice? She has manipulated Peter!" He exclaimed which made students turn to look at him before turning back around. "And I'm sure your mother would love to hear that accusation." Remus whispered with a smirk which made him roll his eyes.