~36~

Asteria woke up the next morning to the sound of her owl flapping its wings in its cage

Asteria woke up the next morning to the sound of her owl flapping its wings in its cage. She let out a groan as she rubbed her eyes and rolled from her side onto her back. "I get it, I get it," She repeated before forcing herself to sit up. "I'm awake now." She added before she pushed herself up out of her bed and unlocked the doors to the cage.

After opening the window and allowing the bird to fly out, Asteria went to get ready for her first lesson.

She started to button up her white shirt before pulling up the black pleated skirt. She quickly messed around with her hair before applying the lemon lip balm she constantly used and leaving for her first class, Defence Against the Dark Arts.

When she walked into the classroom, there were heavy books on each desk. Asteria sat at the desk at the edge of the classroom. She turned to lean on the wall as she waited for the rest of the students to arrive.

The Professor let out a sigh when the Marauders walked into the room. "After the last lesson, I will be moving Mr Potter next to Miss Parkinson." They said which made Sirius huff.

James then looked around the class until he saw the Hufflepuff girl and pulled out the chair next to her before sitting down it. "Thanks for last night," Asteria said.

"Shhh. Don't tell people I was nice." He whispered back with a smirk which made her roll her eyes. "Right then," The Professor began. "This lesson will be on Werewolves."

Asteria noticed from the corner of her eye that James smirked at Remus. "Why did you smirk like that? Does Remus have a kink for werewolves or something?" The Hufflepuff asked which made James cover his mouth to muffle his laughter. "No, no." He laughed.

"Does anyone know anything about this condition?" The Professor then asked. Asteria raised her hand. "Miss Parkinson."

"Why is it described as a condition? It makes it sound like a disease or a burden." Asteria asked. "Because that's what they are. They are filthy and disgusting." Snape hissed as he sat at the front of the class.

"You're one to talk about things that are disgusting. You haven't washed in years you manky nonce." Asteria replied through gritted teeth. "Alright, stop it." The Professor said as he tried to calm them down.

She glanced over and noticed James staring at her. "What?" She asked with a whisper. "I agree with you." The Gryffindor then whispered. "Huh?" She replied with furrowed eyebrows.

"I think you're right." He said with a slight smile. "Well, I'm glad we agree on something." She said with a slight chuckle as she fiddled with her quill.