~37~

The Hufflepuff girl woke up one early summer morning

The Hufflepuff girl woke up one early summer morning. The sun was barely rising so the sky was a bright orange shade. It was the weekend so the common room was quiet as everyone was sleeping in.

Asteira rubbed her eyes before leaving for the kitchens at the end of the hallway. "Morning." She greeted one of the elves working before grabbing a slice of bread and using a spell which instantly turned into a golden piece of toast.

She quickly chopped up a banana before drizzling amber honey over it and taking a bite. "Do you really eat that every morning?" She looked over to see Marlene in the doorway. "Most days." Asteira replied as she took another bite.

"Why are you in here?" The Hufflepuff then asked. "Alice is sick and she wants me to bring her breakfast." Marlene explained as she took food which was meant to go out to the hall. "Why did you get it from the Great Hall?" Asteria then asked.

"Apparently it tastes better fresh from the kitchen." Marlene replied with a roll of her eyes before smiling at the Hufflepuff and leaving the kitchens.

She quickly finished eating before getting changed and heading down the dirt path which led to a small stone hut. Her eyebrows furrowed when she saw no smoke coming from the chimney which made her quicken her step.

When she approached the wooden door, she noticed a note on the floor which was written with messy handwriting.

'Asteira,

I ain't feelin rite so can you fed Buckbeak?

Hagrid."

The handwriting was large and untamed but she was able to read it. She then noticed pheasants hanging from a hook by the door where a flower basket would be hung.

She took them off the hook and called out for the Hippogriff who came hurrying out to the girl. "You're in a happy mood today." She said with a smile as she threw one of the birds up into the air.

"Did you roll in your own shit again?" She then asked with furrowed eyebrows before letting out a groan. "Merlin, give me strength." She muttered as she threw another pheasant up.

Afterwards, Asteria used a water charm to clean the animal which got rid of the dirt. "You smell much better now." She sat as she patted the Hippogriff's back and used a charm to dry him off.

She then glanced over to see a Gryffindor boy in a Quidditch jersey running down the dirt path. He was staring off at the mountains around but when he saw the Hufflepuff, a smirk grew on his face.

"Since when did you go for a run on the grounds?" She asked with a slight chuckle as she ran her hand along the back of the animal. "I thought seeing the grounds would be much better than the pitch." He replied as he continued to run on the spot which made her snicker.

He then attempted to approach Buckbeak who jumped up onto his back legs. Asteira kicks James backwards which made him fall onto the grass behind him. "It's a fucking Hippogriff, not a dog! You don't just approach him!" She exclaimed to the boy who pushed himself up.

"Ow!" He hissed before the both glanced down to see a cut on his forearm. "Well that's my joy cut short. I'm going to head up to the Hospital wing." He said as he turned to walk away but she stopped him.

"No! Don't go to Madam Pomfrey! If she hears another injury caused by him, she will try and get rid of him." Asteria explained. James let out a huff. "So how am I meant to sort this cut that your freaky animal did?" James asked.

"You need to understand that you're not some god and you can actually get hurt by things." She hissed. "For that, I should just let you bleed out by the hut." She added with a shrug as she went to walk away.

"Fine, I'm sorry." He apologised which made her smirk. "Wait here." She ordered before carefully opening the door to the hut and coming back out with a damp cloth and bandages.

"I don't want that thing near me." James said as he pointed at Buckbeak who was getting closer. "You really are a pussy." She hissed before she called the creature to the back of the hut.

"Sit down." She ordered the Gryffindor who carefully sat himself down. He hissed as she pressed down lightly on the cut with the cloth to clean it. But after cleaning it, she froze and stared at it. "Can you not look at it! It'll make me notice it!" He exclaimed as he bit his bottom lip.

"I can't help but stare! Do you want me to bandage it with my eyes closed?" She asked the Gryffindor who rolled his eyes before shaking his head. "That's what I thought."

She then held up his arm before carefully wrapping the bandage around the cut and ensuring it was secure. "Now don't tell anyone about that cut." She reminded.

"Well, it's very hard to miss the bandage. What do you want me to say?" James asked with furrowed eyebrows. "I don't know. Make up a lie." She replied before standing up, brushing herself down and walking back to the creature at the back of the hut.