~38~

Asteria straightened her tie as she walked towards her Defence Against the Dark Arts, pushing the wooden door open with her back

Asteria straightened her tie as she walked towards her Defence Against the Dark Arts, pushing the wooden door open with her back. When she turned back around, she noticed a wooden wardrobe that was shaking violently.

Her eyebrow furrowed as she stared at the mahogany wardrobe which seemed to shake the classroom. The door then opened behind her and the Marauders walked in.

"What's that?" James asked the Hufflepuff girl with a whisper. "Some spooky wardrobe." She whispered back which made him snicker before all the students crowded around the Professor at the front.

"In this wardrobe is a boggart. Does anyone know what a boggart is?" The Professor asked the class. Lily's hand shot up. "It is a shape-shifting being which transforms into what a person fears the most." The Gryffindor explained. The Professor nodded.

They then went on to explain the spell to use to defend yourself against a Boggart. "Now, line up." They ordered. The students followed the Professor's instructions and lined up, pushing each other out of the way.

They all stood and watched as each student approached the wardrobe. Asteria was stood behind Remus who was letting out deep sighs when it came to his turn. He took a step forward.

The boggart became a blur as it shapeshifted. It was a full moon that shone a bright silver. "Riddikulus." He announced with a flick of his wand which made the moon turn into a white balloon that deflated and flew around to the room.

There was a sudden mutter coming from the crowd of students behind. "What a freak. Scared of a full moon." Snape hissed. Sirius clenched his fists before punching the Slytherin in the nose, which was an easy target.

"Detention Mr Black."' The Professor announced before turning back to the Hufflepuff. She let out a sigh before she stepped forward.

The room became dark as if the sun had been blocked by black clouds. Suddenly, there was a bright flash of green light which made the whole class cover their eyes.

"Asteria, no!" A woman's voice called out, her voice echoing through the classroom. "Riddikulus." She was able to announce, her voice slightly shaky but she was able to stop herself.

The boggart soon became a group of fireflies that glowed brightly. She let out a sigh as she turned around and walked to the back of the line. She noticed another student staring at her as she walked past.

"Aguamenti." She muttered which drenched the students in water and let out a shriek. She stood silent for the rest of the class, looking down at the floor and pinching her fingers but as soon as the lesson was done, she hurried out.

She found the nearest balcony which was empty and fell forward, catching herself on the railing before hot tears flooded from her eyes and fell off her jaw. Her sobs must have been loud before the door open which made her stand up and wipe her eyes.

"Are you okay?" Alice asked the Hufflepuff as she placed her hand on her shoulder. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just please leave me alone." She replied as she looked down so she couldn't see her red face.

Alice nodded before she left the girl alone on the balcony. She let out a loud sigh as she wiped her eyes again.