~42~

Asteria sat in the Great Hall of the castle for dinner after all her classes had ended

Asteria sat in the Great Hall of the castle for dinner after all her classes had ended. She sighed as she moved her peas around the plate with her fork when she noticed someone sit down beside her.

She glanced over to see a red-headed Gryffindor staring at her. "Marlene spotted a muggle fair close by. We are thinking of going tonight. Do you want to come?" She asked the Hufflepuff.

"A fair? I've never been to one before." Asteira repoed which made the Gryffindor gasp. "You are definitely going then." She said before she swung her legs out from under the table and left. "Meet in the courtyard in 30 minutes." She said before she was gone.

-☘︎︎-

Asteria hurried to the Hufflepuff common room to get changed. Although it was summer, the night air was still cold so she wore her usual jumper and jeans before hurrying to the courtyard where the Gryffindors waited for you.

"What took you so long?" Marlene asked the Hufflepuff. "We've been waiting here for 2 minutes. Quit being so dramatic." Alice replied which made her snicker.

"You ready?" Dorcas turned to Asteria who nodded before they all walked down the path.

-☘︎︎-

Asteria's eyes were wide with awe as she looked up at the bright and colourful looking rides which reflected in her dark eyes.

She looked around at the different food stalls which filled the air with a delicious smell. "That! We are going on that!" Marlene exclaimed, pointing at a bright red rollercoaster.

"Oh no! No, no, no!" Lily exclaimed. "What? Are you scared?" Asteria asked in a mocking tone which made her roll her eyes. "No, I don't get scared." She replied before she marched towards the line for the rollercoaster.

The rest of the girls followed her chuckling. But as they got closer to the ride,  the others laughing at Lily who watched in horror at the ride, noticed that each rollercoaster car had two seats so someone would need to sit alone.

"Don't worry about it. I'll just sit by myself." Asteria said with a shrug. "No, it's fine. I will." Alice said but she shook her head. "It's fine." The Gryffindor sighed in defeat before nodding.

It was finally their turn and they walked up to the rollercoaster cars. Asteria got into one alone, fastening her seatbelt. She chuckled at Lily who was holding onto the handlebars for dear life.

Suddenly, someone ran up to the car Asteria sat in. "Oh, Merlin, not you." The messy-haired boy sighed when he saw the Hufflepuff. "Can't you sit somewhere else?" She asked. He turned to look down the cars to see every seat was filled up.

He let out a huff as he sat down beside the girl and buckled his seatbelt. Suddenly, it jolted forward and the ride started. Luckily, there were no loops or upside downs in the ride however there were many drops that made her stomach feel weird.

But she felt something loosen and when she looked down she saw that her seatbelt had become undone. She attempted to buckle it up but the drops made her miss. This caught James' attention and look over at the Hufflepuff.

"What's wrong?" He asked with furrowed eyebrows. "I can't do up my seatbelt." She replied with panic in her voice. He started to chuckle until there was another drop and she came out of her seat for a moment.

He quickly held out his arm, pressing it down on her waist to keep her from lifting out of her seat. Asteria froze still and awkwardly glanced down at his arm until the ride came to a stop.

Asteria cleared her throat as everyone else unbuckled their seatbelts. "Um... thanks." She said to the boy as she rubbed the back of her neck. "Oh, no problem." He replied before he hurried off.

James messed with his hair as he walked over to his friends who were waiting for him. "Parkinson's seatbelt came undone so I had to hold her down." He explained. "Why didn't you just let her fall out?" Sirius asked with furrowed eyebrows which earned him a push from Remus.

Asteria sighed as she walked off the platform to the ride but when she looked around, she could not find the Gryffindor girls. "Lily! Marlene! Dorcas!" She called out but no one replied.

She let out a huff as her arms hung by her side. After accepting that she lost them, she started to look for the way back to the castle but as she walked through the crowds, she jumped into someone.

"Sorry." She apologised before she looked up to see a messy-haired boy. "Oh, it's you. I'm not sorry." She said with a shrug as she started to walk off but he held out his arm which stopped her. "Are you alright?" He asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"Wow. Look at you being nice." She replied with a smirk which made him roll his eyes which was when he noticed a stand for hook-a-duck. "I'm the best at hook-a-duck." He said with a smirk which made her scoff. "I think you'll find I'm better." She replied with a smirk before she approached the stand, handed the person working there some coins before grabbing a hook.

"Loser buys food for the winner," Asteria said which made him nod before grabbing a hook himself. They stared at the yellow ducks, Asteria biting on her bottom lip to concentrate.

"Got one!" James exclaimed. "Same," Asteria replied before they reached to take the duck off the end and they looked at the number at the bottom. "Numbers." The worker ordered.

"16," James told the worker. "4," Asteria said. "There." They said as they reached up and handed the Hufflepuff a giant brown teddy bear. "What about me?" James asked. "That's not a winning number." The worker replied sharply which made her snicker.

"Here you go sore loser," Asteria said as she held out the teddy which he reluctantly took. "Maybe you can cry into it tonight." She added as she started to walk away. "So, what are you buying me?" She asked with a smirk which made him roll his eyes before he approached a stand.

"One candy floss please." The worker nodded before handing him a plastic bag filled with pink candy floss. "What is this?" She asked with a confused look. "Merlin, you haven't lived. Candy floss." James replied.

With furrowed eyebrows, she opened the bag and put a handle in her mouth. "How have I not found this before!" She exclaimed.