~43~

It was a boiling summer day, the blazing sun burning the once emerald green grass to a crisp

It was a boiling summer day, the blazing sun burning the once emerald green grass to a crisp. Asteria stood at the edge of the Great Lake, laughing at Buckbeak who kept getting scared at the ripples he made every time he jumped up.

The sunburn on her cheeks and nose was stinging so she bent down and throw a handful of water into her face before wiping her eyes. "You're lucky you can't get burnt." She told the Hippogriff as she sat down in the shallow water. Buckbeak huffed at her. "Yeah, at least I don't have feathers and fur." She sighed as she looked out across the lake.

"Talking to animals Parkinson? I think we need to get you into St Mungo's." She turned around to see a smirking Gryffindor leaning against the nearby oak tree which provided shade.

"Stalking me now, Potter?" She asked with an eyebrow raised. When Buckbeak noticed the Gryffindor boy, he started to stomp over, his legs kicking the dry mud up into the air.

Asteria quickly hurried over and put her arm out, stopping the Hippogriff from reaching James. "Why does he hate me?" He asked with furrowed eyebrows as the creature huffed and walked back into the shallow water.

"Maybe it's because you're just as arrogant as each other." She replied with a shrug which made him roll his eyes. "Or his jealous of how fit I am." He said arrogantly which made her scoff.

"Trust me, it's not that." She laughed which made him squint his eyes and glare at her. "Well this was a nice talk but I'm taking him back to the hut." She said as she walked over to the tree and picked up her pile of clothes which was hidden away in the shade.

She then whistled which made the creature hurry over. Asteria then attempted to jump up onto his back but he was too tall. "Want some help?" James offered with a chuckle. "Fine." She replied reluctantly before he boosted her up onto the Hippogriff's back.

Buckbeak then slowly walked away from the water but James still followed. "You know I can hold your clothes to stop them from being soaked?" Asteria shook her head even though she could feel her clothes become drenched from her wet body.

They then reached the hut and Asteria jumped off herself. "Pour him some water." She ordered the Gryffindor. "Okay, mum." He muttered sarcastically. "I'm glad I don't have to take responsibility for that." She hissed back which made him roll his eyes before she grabbed some dead pheasants for the creature.

"Hold these." James took the birds but was cringing. She quickly pulled her shirt over her head before she grabbed one of the birds and throwing it at the creature who jump up and caught it in his beak.

"Throw one of you want." She said as she squeezed out the water from her hair. James grabbed one but because he was cringing so much, he missed the Hippogriff and threw the bird on the grass.

"Aren't Gryffindors meant to be brave?" She asked with an eyebrow raised. "Not when it comes to dead things." He replied with a look of disgust as Buckbeak picked up the bird on the grass and ate it.

"How are you even Quidditch captain if you can't throw?" She asked with a smirk which made him roll his eyes before handing her the final bird to throw.

-☘︎︎-
I'm back guys. Thank you for being patient with me. Thank you for all the support on my books.

Emma xx