~49~

Asteria sat in the Great Hall at the Hufflepuff table eating cereal

Asteria sat in the Great Hall at the Hufflepuff table eating cereal. Occasionally, she would glance over at the Gryffindor table to see James smirking at her before quickly looking down.

The Hufflepuff quickly got up and threw her bag over her shoulder before hurrying to her first class. James noticed the girl quickly walk out so he got up from the Gryffindor table and hurried after her.

"Asteria!" He called out which made her turn around to look at the messy-haired boy. "Are we going to talk about last night?" He asked as she continued walking. "There is nothing to talk about." She replied.

"Do you regret it?" James asked with furrowed eyebrows. The Hufflepuff stopped before letting out a sigh. "No, but it was a stupid and drunk decision. You can't tell anyone about it." She replied before walking away to her class.

James stood in the hallway for a moment before turning back to the Great Hall. "Where did you go?" Sirius asked with a confused look. "Narnia." He replied sarcastically.

Remus stared at the boy for a few moments. "What did you do?" He asked which made him jump. "Whatever it is, just tell us," Remus added as he picked up a piece of toast and took a bite.

"I kissed Parkinson." He was confused which made Sirius gasp. "How could you? You kissed the enemy!" Sirius exclaimed. "I thought the Slytherins were the enemy," Peter said with furrowed eyebrows.

"Wait, you kissed Asteria?" Dorcas leaned over and asked the Gryffindor who nodded. "You're okay with people knowing you did such a horrid act?" Sirius asked which made Peter scoff. "I would class him as lucky." The boy muttered.

-☘︎︎-

Later that day, Asteria walked to the hall for dinner when she noticed people staring at her in the hallway. "Why would James kiss that?" Students hissed to their friends as the Hufflepuff passed.

She glanced over to see Lucius Malfoy glaring at her. "Kissing a blood traitor. Didn't know you could become more of a burden." The pureblood hissed.

"I'm going to fucking kill him," Asteria muttered under her breath as she walked into the Great hall and grabbed a plate, glancing up at the smirking Gryffindor.

She looked down at her plate to avoid eye contact with whispering students until there was a sudden call of an owl. She recognised the bird as her own and watched it fly above her and drop a letter on the table beside her.

The Hufflepuff let out a groan when she saw the letter in a crimson envelope. "For fuck sake." She hissed as she pushed her plate off the table in frustration which made all the students look over and watch her storm out with the howler in her hand.

She continued stomping down the dirt path until she reached the edge of the lake which was line with small pebbles. Asteria let out a sigh before carefully opening the letter and listen to her father's harsh voice.

"You are a disappointment of a daughter. Kissing a filthy blood traitor. You disgust me and I am ashamed that you are my child."

Suddenly, the letter ripped itself up and the remains rested on the silver pebbles. Asteria's head instantly fell into her hands as she gripped her hair tightly. Hot tears flooded from her ear but when she heard footsteps which quickly wiped her face.

She glanced over her shoulder to see James who had walked out from behind a nearby tree. "You! You cunt!" The Hufflepuff shouted through her sob as she jumped up and stormed over to the Gryffindor. "What did I do!" The boy exclaimed.

"You told everyone!" She shouted back. "I didn't see it as a big deal." The arrogant boy replied with a shrug. "I didn't want my father finding out but it doesn't matter anymore!" She shouted back as she clenched up her fist until her nails dug onto her hand.

"I didn't think about that," James replied which made her scoff. "You don't think about anyone but yourself." She hissed as she walked past him and back to the castle.