~50~

Asteria had stayed up the whole night crying into her pillow which resulted in her eyes being red and puffy when she woke up

Asteria had stayed up the whole night crying into her pillow which resulted in her eyes being red and puffy when she woke up. She hoped cold water would help but there seemed to be little change.

She walked back into her dormitory and glanced over at the clock to see that she had missed breakfast so she would have to make it herself.

Asteria quickly got changed before walked down the hallways. She walked into the kitchen at the end of the hallway and made herself honey banana toast which she quickly ate. After making a cup of tea, she took it outside to sit in the courtyard.

But as she approached the courtyard, she bumped into a group of students. "Oh sorry." She looked up to see who she had bumped into. "I'm actually not sorry." She said with a glare when she saw James.

The other boys continued walking on but James stayed still in the middle of the corridor, watching the Hufflepuff walk away. "Asteria!" He called out as he hurried after her. "I'm really sorry." He apologised but she rolled her eyes and continued walking.

"You've done enough, Potter." She hissed before taking a sip of her tea. "I know am I know it won't help but do you want to go down to Hogsmeade with me?" He asked with a hopeful look.

"Are you being nice to me?" She asked which made him nod. "Reluctantly, yes." He sighed. "But I wouldn't be a date so don't fall for me." He said with a wink which made her scoff. "Potter, the bar ain't that low."

"So do you want to get some butterbeer?" The Gryffindor asked. "Oh, you're being serious." She laughed which made him sigh.  "You really think a drink will make up for what you did?" She asked as she leaned on a stone wall in the courtyard.

"Obviously not but I'm trying to be nice." He replied. She let out a sigh before turning to him. "Fine, we can discuss how arrogant you are over butterbeer." She said before starting to walk away. "Wait here," Asteria ordered.

"I'm not a dog." He replied. "No. Dogs are cute." She replied with a smirk which made him roll his eyes.

-☘︎︎-

Asteria sat at one of the wooden tables in The Three Broomsticks, waiting for James to come back with the butterbeer. "Here." He said as he placed a mug in front of the girl.

"I've hardly had butterbeer." She confessed which made him gasp. The two then sat in silence for a few moments. "So, are you going to lecture me?" James asked the Hufflepuff.

"I wouldn't call it a lecture. More of an intervention that you're an egotistical git." She replied before taking another sip and wiping her mouth.

"Did you hear me say to not tell anyone?" She asked with an eyebrow raised which made him nod. "You didn't say that your father would send a howler like that," James replied.

"Do you want me to tell you everything about me?" She asked sarcastically. "Dorcas was the one that told people too!" He exclaimed. "No, no. Don't blame someone else for something you did." She replied which made him huff.

"Repeat after me." She ordered. "I, James Potter, am an arrogant twat." James grumbled under his breath. "I, James Potter, am an arrogant twat." He repeated reluctantly but she shook her head. "Not loud enough." She said with a smirk.

He glared at her before sighing. "I, James Potter, am an arrogant twat!" The Gryffindor loudly shouted which made everyone in the pub staring at him and Asteria snicker. "Good enough." She replied with a shrug which made him roll his eyes.

She then got up from her chair and threw her coat around her. "Thanks for the free butterbeer." She said with a wink before pushing the door open and leaving the Gryffindor alone at the wooden table.