~51~

Asteria sat on the crimson couch in the Gryffindor common room surrounded by Transfiguration books

Asteria sat on the crimson couch in the Gryffindor common room surrounded by Transfiguration books. Lily was sat beside her flicking through a book as she had been ill and had missed a few Transfigurations lessons so Asteira offered to help catch her up.

Both students glanced up when the portrait swung open. "Aw, look at the little study club." James mocked which made Lily roll her eyes. "That's fine because I'll get somewhere in life and you'll be living off of daddy's money." The redhead replied.

"Come on Prongs!" Sirius shouted from the corridor outside the common room. "Operation prank the greasy git is a go!" He added which made James hurry out.

"I think that's all of it." The Hufflepuff then said as she closed the books around her. "Thanks for catching me up. Marlene found it funny that I was behind." Lily said as she helped clean up.

"Do you want to sleep in here? It's getting late." The Gryffindor then offered which made Asteria glance at the clock before nodding.

-☘︎︎-

Asteria lay in Alice's empty bed as she was sleeping in the Head students dorm as her boyfriend, Frank, was head boy.

The bed was located by the window and the moon shone brightly but she could not block out the light as the curtains had accidentally been pulled down by a drunk Marlene.

Even though there were multiple girls sleeping in the dorm, it was eerily silent which made any small creak echo. Asteria was also a rather light sleep so when an owl started to hoot outside, she jumped which made her wake up.

She let out a groan as she sat up in the bed and rubbed her face. Her eyebrows furrowed when she heard muttering and creaks from the stairs case.

Curious, she carefully got out of bed and creeped out of the dorm to see the Marauders sneak out of the common room. "What are they up to?" She whispered to herself before following the group of Gryffindors out of the castle.

Suddenly, she stopped by the Whomping Willow which made her hide behind a nearby rock. She peered out around it and watched Peter start to shrink until he disappeared into the grass.

She was able to see the grass move closer to the moving tree until it suddenly stopped. Her eyes then widened when she watched James transform into a stag with grand antlers and Sirius become a black dog.

The two creatures then walked an exhausted-looking Remus towards the tree which had a small tunnel at the bottom. Once ensuring that they had gone, Asteria stepped out and crept over to the tree but the branches started to move which made her hurry backwards.

"Didn't know Potter was smart enough to be an animagus." She whispered to herself. That was when she noticed Hagrid's hut so she decided to go down to check on Buckbeak whilst she waited for the Marauders to get out of the tree.

She sat on one of the large pumpkins in the garden at the side of the hut with the Hippogriff resting his head on her lap to scratch. Suddenly, movement from the Whomping Willow made her look over.

She recognised the stag and the black dog which made a small rat on its back. But her eyes widened with fear when she saw a tall skinny figure with glowing yellow eyes and pointed ears. Asteria took a quick intake of breath before grabbing the leash on Buckbeak and dragging him back behind the hut.

She then carefully peered around the bricks to watch the creatures walk towards the forest. "Is that Remus?" She asked with furrowed eyebrows. Suddenly she remembered catching James and Peter stealing Aconite. "He must have taken wolfbane. Thank fuck for that." She muttered before making sure they had disappeared into the woods before she quickly hurried up the dirt path and back to the castle.