~60~

Lily woke up the next morning and wandered down to the main part of the common room which was when she noticed Asteria still asleep on the couch

The red head was already dressed and their first lesson was about to start. "Asteria, wake up." Lily hissed as she shook the girl awake.

Asteria's dark eyes opened slowly. "You need to get you. Potions is about to start." Asteria jumped up and hurried out of the common room to her own dorm.

-☘︎︎-

Asteria hurried into her potions class. The class turned around to see that late girl. "Why are we late Miss Parkinson?" Slughorn asked the girl.

"I'm sorry sir. I woke up late." Asteria replied quickly. "Well, take a seat." She nodded before sitting beside Lily on a table with James and Sirius on.

"What are we doing?" The Hufflepuff asked the red head in a whisper. "Amortentia." Lily replied as she looked at the Professor.

Asteria flicked through her potions book to find the recipe for the potion. She ran her finger under the description of the potion she was about to brew.

'Amortentia is the most powerful love potion in the world. Amortentia smells different to each person, according to what attracts them.'

The class the started to get the ingredients together to make the love potion. The potion turned a pink colour when she added in the rose petals.

She then added in the final ingredient before stirring the potion in the ebony black cauldron.

Lily finished making the potion and turned to Asteria beside her. "What do you smell?" She asked the Hufflepuff.

She lowered her head so she could inhale the pink steam which rose from the cauldron. "I smell..." She paused. "Chocolate chip cookies, rain and... broom polish." Asteria said before standing up again.

"Lily! Asteria! Come here!" Marlene called out to the girls who wandered over to her.

James had also finished making his potion and chuckled at Sirius who spilt some on the desk. The Gryffindor let out a huff before scowling at James.

"What does it smell like to you then?" Sirius asked James as he leaned on the desk, accidentally putting his elbow into the spilt potion.

James bent down slightly so that his face hovered over the potion. "I smell... pumpkin pie," He breathed in again. "Lavender and honey." James added before standing up again.

"Is that what Lily smells like?" Sirius asked with a confused look. James shrugged in reply. Sirius shrugged as well before turning around to Remus. But James knew that he didn't smell Lily and was staring at the Hufflepuff girl at the other side of the classroom.