~62~

Asteria hummed as she walked into the Great Hall for breakfast

Asteria hummed as she walked into the Great Hall for breakfast. Marlene had invited her to sit with them but she needed to pass the Marauders to meet them.

"Morning." She said with a smile to James. He opened his mouth but noticed Peter glaring at him so he looked down at his bowl. "Okay...morning Pete." Asteria said with a grin.

"Morning." He replied with a smile before the girl walked away. "Why didn't she say morning to me?" Sirius asked with a pout.

-☘︎︎-

Asteria sat at her desk for her first lesson, Transfiguration. "Silence students!" McGonagall ordered as she clapped her hands. The class went silent.

"For this lesson, we will be learning how to turn a hedgehog into a pincushion." She began to speak for going on the explain how to perform the spell.

Asteria was sat a few desks behind James and could see him turning around and smirking at her. Suddenly, he flicked his wand at the hedgehog on her desk so it turned into a wiggling worm.

With a face of concentration, she swished her wand at his hedgehog so that it turned into a bat and flew around the room.

The two students started to snicker which the Professor noticed. "Mr Potter, Miss Parkinson. Detention." She spoke sternly with an unimpressed face. Asteria let out a huff and shake her head at James smirking at her.

-☘︎︎-

The Hufflepuff students whistled as she made her way to the trophy room for her detention. She was thankful that she only had to polish trophies as it was the easiest detention task at Hogwarts.

When she walked in, McGonagall stood at the front of the room waiting for her. "Good that you're here Miss Parkinson. On the desk as the cloths and remember, no magic." The Professor warned before walking out of the class.

"You got me a detention Potter." Asteria hissed at the Gryffindor as she picked up a cloth and picked up on of the trophies. "And what are you going to do about it?" He asked with a smirk before they were interrupted by Filch.

"Detention is done is silence!" He ordered as he was passing the room. They nodded and waited for him to leave again.

James then noticed the trophy which she was polishing. "I basically won that for the Gryffindor team." James arrogantly said as he pointed at his name on the plaque.

She rolled her eyes before pretending to accidentally drop the trophy on the floor. After picking it up, she ran her finger over the dent she had made. "Oops." She sarcastically said which made him huff.

"You better stat running." James warned which made her quickly put the trophy back on the shelf and run to the other side of a desk.

James put his trophy down and ran to the opposite side of the desk. Asteria quickly ran to the desk behind and James did the same, both laughing loudly.

They were back on opposite sides of a desk, leaning over it slightly. A smirk appeared on her face before she pulled on his tie so their lips could press against each other.

They pushed each other away when they heard the footsteps of McGonagall. Once the steps got quieter, they let out gentle chuckles.

Asteria pushed herself up onto the desk and swung her legs around so James was stood between her legs.

James gently pulled her closer so their lips touched and their bodies curved together. His hand followed up her jaw to her curly hair. Her arms wrapped around his neck whilst one of his arms was around her waist.

"Do you think we can leave detention early?" He asked when they slowly pulled away, his voice deeper and huskier then usual. "What's the worst that can happen?" She replied with a smirk.

James held out his hand to help her jump off the desk. He then waited for her at the door as she grabbed her bag. "M'lady," He said as she passed. "I thought you said I was no lady." She replied with a smirk.

"Then I must of had a quaffle throw at my head." He said with a smile before placing a kiss on her temple and walking down the hallway.

"Do you think Minnie will be mad with us?" The Gryffindor asked as they walked to the Gryffindor common room. "No, I think she'll be calm about it." She replied.

"Really?" James asked with a hopeful look. "No." Asteria replied which made him sigh. He then announced the password to the portrait which then swung open.

The common room was silent as the rest of the marauders were out setting up pranks on Severus. The two snuck up the stairs and into his dorm.

Asteria threw her bag off her shoulder and sat down on the end of James' bed when her stomach rumbled loudly. He chuckled at her before pulling the top drawer of his bedside table open and handing her a bag of sweets.

"I'll be back soon." He said with a smile before leaving the dorm. Asteria opened the bag and threw a sweet up into the air but then she noticed something which had fell onto the floor.

It was a piece of parchment which she picked up and went to put back into the drawer, until it unfolded and she saw what it said.

Her eyebrows furrowed as she scanned through the letter from his mother saying to be kind to her otherwise he would be banned from Quidditch.

She felt a sinking feeling in her chest and her eyes started to turn slightly red. James walked back into the door but when he saw her face and the letter in her hand, the grin disappeared.

"You we're only being nice to me so you could keep playing your little game?" She asked, a slight hiss in her voice as she tried to stop her voice from breaking.

"No- well at first yes, but-" Asteria cut him off. "So all of this. All this stuff that happened with us is so you could play some childish game?" She asked again, attempting to hold back the tears that sprung from her eyes.

He looked down at the ground. "This is why you don't let your guard down." She hissed as she pressed the letter into his chest and left the common room.