~66~

A couple weeks had passed and Asteria was walking on her leg again

A couple weeks had passed and Asteria was walking on her leg again. One early morning, when the crisp cold air was still in the air, she headed down to the small hut at the edge of the forest.

She sat at the wooden table in the hut with Hagrid opposite her. She was sipping on a steaming cup of tea. "How's Aragog?" Asteria asked.

Aragog was an Acromantula, a rare giant spider whose venom is very useful in potions. Hagrid had raised him so he was very loyal to him. Asteria had never actually seen him because he regarded all other humans as prey.

"He's doing well. He's now fathering hundreds of kids." Hagrid replied. "That must be exhausting." The Hufflepuff pointed out.

The grandfather clock in the stone hit suddenly rang loudly which made her look over. She jumped out of the chair when she saw the time. "I'm almost late to Potions. Thanks for the tea." She said as she hurried out the hut and up the path which led to the castle.

Asteria got into the Potions classroom just before the bell echoed through the halls of the castle. The Hufflepuff went and sat down at her desk.

They were ordered to get out their potions book and follow the recipe for a polyjucie potion. Asteria had to hold nose whilst she mixed the mud like potion which stunk of goblin's piss.

She noticed James and Sirius muttering from the corner of her eye but she ignored them and added the final ingredient.

Suddenly, James tapped on her shoulder which made her turn her head to look at him. He had a mischievous smirk on his face which made her sigh.

"Yes Potter?" She asked. "Do you want to drink some of the poly juice and switch for the day?" He asked with a look of hope on his face.

"But we have classes." Asteria replied. "Exactly!" He exclaimed. "Come on. Marlene and Sirius are switching." They both looked over at the two who took a swig of the potion.

Sirius' hair grew even longer and became a light blonde whilst Marlene's jaw sharpened. "So? It'll be fun," James as she turned back to him. "Alright." She replied with a smirk.

James picked up a spoonful of the potion before grabbing a strand of her hair and putting it into the potion, watching it sink into it.

He then scrunched up his face as he took a gulp of the disgusting potion. Asteria watched as he began to shrink, his hair began to lighten and his cheeks go rosey.

"You look good Potter." She said with a wink which made him roll his eyes. "You now." James ushered. The Hufflepuff picked a strand of her hair out of her head and put it into the ladle filled with the potion before drinking it.

She felt herself get taller and her shoulders broaden. "So this is what it's like being the infamous Potter." She said as she looked at herself in the reflection of the black cauldron.

"You look extremely attractive." He said arrogantly which made her roll her eyes as she took his glasses off his face and put them into hers.

"I didn't turn into Remus." She replied which made him sigh and pout. She began to snicker whilst he scowled.

-☘︎︎-

Straight after Potions was lunch so they hurried out to the great hall. Slughorn hadn't even noticed that they had taken polyjucie to turn into eachother which had boosted their ego and moral greatly.

Asteria played along as James and sat with Remus and Peter. "Looking good today Evans." She announced in a deep voice, trying to sound like James.

"Piss off Potter." She hissed back. Asteria turned to James beside and whispered, "Ouch. That does hurt." He hummed and nodded in agreement.

Lily then swung her legs out from the under the table to get up when she bumped into Snape who was walking to the Slytherin table.

"Watch where you're going mud-blood!" He hissed loudly which made nearby students look over. Asteria clenched her jaw before picking up a baked potato from her plate and hitting him.

"You'll pay for this Potter!" He shouted which made Asteria smirk, another potato in her hand ready to throw. "I'm over here mate." James said which confused Snape.

James then grabbed Yorkshire pudding from his plate and hit him to face with it. "Food fight!" A nearby 3rd year shouted which made all the students jump up and throw their lunch at eachother.

Asteria dodged slices of ham and cake as she reached for the jug of gravy. "Stop!" Dumbledore boomed loudly which made the room freeze but Asteria was able to turn the jug over and pour the gravy all over the Slytherin.

Mcgonagall stormed over to her and James with a stern look on her face. "Miss Parkinson! Mr Potter!" The Professor shrieked loudly.

It was a bad time as the potion didn't last as long as they wanted and they began to transform back into their normal selves.

Mcgonagall's eyes widened when she watched James shrink and hair grow out until it was Asteria. The two students glanced over at eachother with wide eyes.

Snape had taken this opportunity to scurry away, his cloak drenched in gravy. "I'm sure you both know that students are not permitted to use Polyjuice potion out of the classroom." Mcgonagall sighed sigh a face of disappointment.

"Then starting a food fight." She added with disbelief. "Months detention for both of you." The Professor sharply told them before she followed gravy trail to find Snape.