~68~

It was mid-summer in the Scottish highlands

It was mid-summer in the Scottish highlands. The sun was shining, the grass was bright and the birds sang. It was so hot that day that lessons had to be canceled to the luck of the students.

Sitting in the shade of a grand willow tree by the Great Lake were Lily and Alice. The redhead girl was flicking through her newest book whilst Alice made daisy chains with the flowers she found in the grass.

Asteria was also sat with them and was laughing and Marlene and Dorcas in the water. "Come on Asteria!" Marlene shouted from the water, a wide grin on her face.

"I don't have a swimsuit." The Hufflepuff replied. "Just strip," Dorcas shouted at her. "You'd want that." She replied with a wink before glancing around to see the area was empty.

She then pulled her shirt over her head and pulled down her shorts. Marlene wolf-whistled at her from the water which made her flip her off as she kicked off her shoes.

Then she ran into the water. "Ah! It's freezing!" She shouted loudly which made the other girls laugh. Asteria then lifted up her hand before hitting the water with her palm, splashing Marlene and making her hair soaked.

"You better get swimming!" She screamed which made Asteria shriek and begin to swim away, Marlene chasing her.

All the laughing and screaming caught the attention of the Marauders who approached them. "I see the heat got to you three." Remus laughed slightly as she sat down in the shade with Lily. Peter also sat with him.

"Don't forget me!" Sirius shouted as he stripped down to his underwear as fast as humanly possible and ran into the lake. "Come on Prongs!" Sirius shouted before Marlene scared the boy making him soak his hair.

James shook his head. "Oh come on Potter!" Dorcas shouted at him. "Fine. Fine." He said reluctantly before he reached both arms over his head to his back and pulled off his shirt.

Asteria felt her cheeks go red and hot and so she hide under the cold water. "Look out!" James shouted as he ran and jumped into the lake with a huge splash.

Asteria wiped her eyes as she was the closest to him. "You could have jumped anywhere but you picked near me." She complained. "Wanted to make sure you cooled down." He replied with a wink which made her roll her eyes.

The group of students stayed in the water until they were freezing which was when Lily told them to get out. They all went to sit under the rest with the rest of them, but Asteria couldn't find her clothes to put on again.

"Anyone seen my clothes?" She asked but they all shook their heads. "You can wear my shirt if you want." James offered her. "That's gross. It smells like you." She replied which made him roll his hands.

She suddenly shivered. "You're wearing it." He firmly said as he handed her the shirt which she reluctantly put on. "Happy?" She asked which made him nod and roll her eyes.

She then sat down in the green grass, James sitting down beside her. They stayed there for a while, talking about their latest prank on Snape or Sirius embarrassing himself again.

Asteria enjoyed those moments that they had as she had barely had any before. It honestly made her forget about everything else whether that was her father or schoolwork. Being at Hogwarts felt like a dream compared to the nightmare of the Parkinson Manor.