-70-

It was an early and warm summer morning when Asteria decided to go for a short walk to wake herself up

It was an early and warm summer morning when Asteria decided to go for a short walk to wake herself up. She curled her hair around her fingers as she walked down the dirt path to Hagrid's hut.

Laying on his hay bed was Buckbeak asleep. "Morning sleepyhead," Asteria said with a grin that made the creature jump up excitedly.

She chuckled lightly as he hurried to her and lowered his head for her to scratch. "Aren't you just to prettiest hippogriff ever?" She asked Buckbeak as she moved down to scratch his back.

She stayed there for a few minutes longer before heading back to the castle to get ready for her first lesson.

But when walking up the dirt path, she noticed Remus, James, and Peter by the forest edge so she wandered over.

James and Remus were sitting on a nearby log watching Peter search through the bushes for something.

"There seems to be one missing." The boys looked up to see the smirking Hufflepuff. "Yeah. He knocked over one of Peter's plants so he's in time out." Remus explained which made Peter nod with a slight scowl.

She then noticed an open book in Peter's hand. "What are you looking for?" She asked the Gryffindor. "A lavender flower. I want to press one for this book." He explained, holding out the book and flicking through pages with other press flowers on.

"I'll help you look since those two seem too lazy to get off their arses." She said with a smirk as she glanced over at the scowling James before helping him look.

The bright morning sunshine through the leaves of the trees, lighting up the forest floor. Remus glanced over at the messy-haired boy who was staring at Asteria, his hands supporting his head.

"You really like her, don't you?" He asked which made him jump. "What? What are you talking about?" James asked in a high-pitched voice of guilt.

"You don't just stare at anyone like that." The boy explained. "Found one!" Asteria suddenly shouted as she proudly held up the purple flower.

"Yes! I could kiss you!" Peter exclaimed which made James look over instantly. Peter kissed the girl's cheek before taking the flower and inspecting it closely.

"Did you find it? Does that mean we can go back now?" Remus asked, a bored look on his face. Peter nodded before skipping slightly back to the castle.

The rest of the students got up and followed him into the castle again, James and Asteria trailing behind.

She snickered at the sight of a slight scowl on his face. "You seem jealous. Do you want Peter to kiss your cheek too?" She teased him.

"Actually, that would be greatly appreciated," James announced which made her chuckle and roll her eyes.

It must have been because his legs were so long, but Remus was already gone from the hallways which left them alone.

"Looks like he's gone." He pointed out before stopping in the middle of the empty corridor. "That's a shame. I was really hoping Remus would give me a kiss too." She said which made him scowl and chuckle.

James then stared into her dark and enticing eyes, feeling their bodies get closer like two attracting magnets.

But suddenly, someone turned the corner which made them step away. "You two are up early." Marlene pointed out when she saw them. "Could say the same to you." She replied.

"I left my cigs in the library. Need to get them before some cheeky bugger nicks them." The blonde girl said which made them both chuckle as she walked in the direction of the library.

"I better go get ready for Potions."
James announced. "Don't remind me about that." She replied which made him smile slightly.

He then pressed a gentle kiss on her forehead before walking away. Asteria turned around to go the other way but James hurried back to her and spun her back around.

He lifted her up from the ground slightly as he pressed his lips against hers. His glasses prodded her slightly but she didn't mind.

Slowly, he pulled away which made her eyes open again. "What was that for?" She asked with a slight laugh. "Just wanted to remind you how much of a good kisser I am." He replied arrogantly.

"Oh please. I'm obviously better." She said with a smirk. "I can't really argue with that." James shrugged before kissing her cheek and walking away again.

Asteria felt her cheeks go red and flustered and a smile grow on her face. "Oh, get a grip Asteria." She hissed to herself before walking back to her dorm.