-71-

Asteria rubbed her eyes as she walked into History of magic

Asteria rubbed her eyes as she walked into History of magic. She wasn't late but all the other desks were full, apart from the one where James sat.

She pulled her bag up her shoulder as she walked over to he empty chair. James looked up at her when she pulled the chair out.

Peter and Sirius were sat at the desk next to them. "Where's Remus?" She asked as she sat down. "Hospital wing." James replied. "It was a full moon last night." He added which made her nod.

Professor Binns then began to talk which made the class fall silent. Asteria doddled on her parchment which made her hand brush against his.

James then smirked as he leaned closer to her. "This is boring. Want to skip it?" He whispered to her. She looked over to see him pull out his cloak of invisibility from his bag.

"What is there to lose?" The Gryffindor asked. "A lesson from a core subject that we have a test on soon." Asteria replied which made him roll his eyes. "That's not important." James replied which made her scoff.

"Fine, but if I fail I will blame you." Asteria replied as James pulled the cloak out without anyone noticing and throwing it over them. "I will take all the blame." He replied with a smirk.

The two students held their breath as they passed the Professor to sneak out the door. The class didn't even notice that they were gone as the students were almost asleep.

The two students snuck out of the courtyard after taking two cauldron cakes from the kitchen which were for dessert that evening.

James threw the cloak off them before they pushed themselves up so they were sat on the crumbling wall. Asteria used a spoon to scoop out some of the cake and eat it.

James began to snicker lightly which made her look over with a furrowed brow. "What?" She asked sharply. She hadn't noticed but there was some of the orange icing at the side of her mouth.

"You have some on-" Asteria nodded as she wiped her mouth but the icing was still there. "No, left a bit." James said but she didn't get it off.

James then let out a huff before sighing. "Just come here." He carefully wiped it off with his thumb which made her cheeks go red so she looked down at the ground.

The Gryffindor then lifted up her chin before leaning in so their lips touched softly. "Are my eyes working?"

They pulled away to see Lily standing at the doorway to the courtyard. The two jumped off the wall instantly. "You didn't see anything!" Asteria exclaimed.

"I think I did." Lily replied with a smirk. "No, you didn't!" She announced but she shook her head. "Sure then." Lily sighed. "Now get to class!" She ordered which made them hurry out of the courtyard.

-☘︎︎-

That night, Asteria sat in the main part of the common room with Dorcas, Mary and Lily. The red head smirked at the Hufflepuff but she ignored it.

She waited until the other girls had gone before asking any questions. "So, do you love him?" Lily asked with raised eyebrows.

"What?" Asteria replied with wide eyes. "Do you love him?" James, who had just walked into the common room, heard Lily asked.

He made Asteria jump when he leaned on the couch behind her. "Yeah, do you love me?" He asked with a smirk.

"Ah! I hate you both!" Asteria shouted as she jumped up and stormed up to Lily's dorm, slamming the door shut.
"That's my dorm!" Lily shouted up. "Well I've claimed it!" She shouted back through the door.

The two students chuckled at the Hufflepuff. Lily then let out a sigh as he collapsed onto the couch. "If you hurt her, in any way, I will rip you apart limb from limb." Lily threatened as she got up and walked up the stairs to her dorm.

"Trust me, it's the last thing I want to do."