Part I - The Lost City

Shinsou, Bakugou, Kaminari, Yaoyorozu, Midoriya, Ashido and Tokoyami were in the middle of a jungle, and they were completely and unmistakably lost. They had been separated from Aizawa and the remainder of their classmates as they had fallen behind whilst engrossed in preventing an argument between Shinsou and Bakugou.

Yaoyorozu and Bakugou were now leading the group through the foliage; Momo had created machetes for herself and Bakugou so that they could cut down the vines and bushes covering their path. Ashido and Kaminari were behind them, complaining about the insufferable heat. Tokoyami, Midoriya and Shinsou were at the back, wandering in thoughtful silence. The group were wearing light, protective clothing and sturdy trecking boots. The dense, humid air hung heavy under the insulated canopy of the towering trees. Sweating had become obsolete as moisture clung to the students' skin like a sloth to a tree. The air had a sweet and exotic taste, unique to the particular biome and unlike any perfume that could be bought. The Colombian jungle was abundant with life; various birds sang their beautiful cultured melodies and monkeys howled playfully at each other. Accompanying this was the sound of the wind rustling the leaves of the highest trees, creating a soothing orchestra of nature. Emergents dominated the skies in their continuous battle for sunlight. Meanwhile, the clustered undercanopy formed its own virescent sky, blocking out the rest of the world and encapsulating the students, as if forcing them to become a part of its ecosystem. Early morning sunlight peeked through the sparse openings in the understorey layer, highlighting every surface it could reach like the touch of an angel. Shadows of various hues were displayed in an intricate mosaic pattern that was scattered across the vegetated earth and danced across the student's hair as they passed by. All manners of critters scuttled across the ground, darting in and out of shrubs to snag some food before taking cover from the watchful eyes of predators. A tangled mess of shrubs and vines weaved around one another, creating a barrier that Bakugou and Yaoyorozu were, at present, hacking away at with their machetes.

Tokoyami disrupted the vocal silence between the students as he pondered aloud in a low mutter, "How were we foolish enough to get lost."

Shinsou let out a small, grim snort, "We would still be with the rest of the group if Bakugou hadn't raced off to threaten the monkeys, who were 'apparently' laughing at him."

"Shaddup, Brain-Drain," the aforementioned growled in annoyance. "I wasn't threatening them." Unconvinced, Shinsou arched his eyebrow.

~Flashback~

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU LAUGHING AT? I'LL KILL ALL OF YOU STUPID APES!"

~End of flashback~

"Sure," Shinsou replied sedately. "And they were monkeys, not apes. Any dumbass would know that."

Bakugou stabbed the machete into the earth and spun on his heels. His palms popped with small explosions and his face contorted with fury, a murderous glint in his eyes. He began to stomp forwards but was held back by Yaoyorozu. "That's enough. Both of you," their classmate stood in between them, casting a stern glance at Bakugou, "The only way we'll make it back to the group is if we stick together and work as a team. Not murdering each other."

"Tch," Katsuki crossed his arms begrudgingly, swinging his head away to glare at a tree.

Shinsou let out a breath through his nose, "Whatever. Let's just keep moving." The group continued on their trek, taking it in turns to chop through the undergrowth. The temperature was constantly rising as the sun loomed over them.

After two more hours of trudging through the dense vegetation, they decided to take a break by a small stream. Large, jagged rocks sandwiched the stream and a miniature waterfall trickled down, merging with a larger stream below. Ashido dramatically fell to her knees, crying out, "We are so lost! We'll never find our way back!"