Chapter 8

Ember

I opened my eyes as I felt, the car we were in stop moving. It may have been the wrong time, but I was fascinated, as it was my first time ever being in a vehicle while conscious. 

Then my heart stopped a I realised that I wasn't at the club or the house, the only two places I've known to exist my whole life. Staying still, holding my breath I looked around with only my eyes moving, and my breath caught as I saw the man I'd seen in my dreams. 

So beautiful..

But when I looked around, there were more people, all of them were men.

Men.

Ty wasn't there. Oh god, where was Ty. If Ty wasn't here then it wasn't safe.

My heart stopped. I couldn't think. The only thing that was running through my head was, 'I need to get out of here'

There was a commotion outside, and the door at the end of the room was opened, and slowly, they started filing out. This was my chance to run out. I'd tried many times before, but they had been of the supernatural species. There was no way I could've overcome them.

I opened my eyes slightly so it would look like I was still unconscious, and saw  an opening. Cautiously feeling my surroundings, I quickly calculated a path to the door and out. Taking a deep breath, I plunged off the bed, shoving through men and out of the door. There was a ruckus behind me and the sound of boots rushing across the hard ground.

I was filled with relief, so much relief I could've cried, but it didn't last long, as I grabbed from behind and tackled to the floor. I hissed in pain as my injuries protested.

Injuries? Shouldn't Ty have healed me by now? Why was I still injured, I shouldn't be. As I was grabbed from my shoulder and pulled up to my feet, I backed away as fast as I had escaped, which had been pretty fast might I say so myself.

There were so many men and a few women stood amidst them. Hope filled me, maybe they could help me, but most of the ladies Father had bought home didn't help me at all. I shivered at the memories then snapped myself out of it.

I couldn't believe it. I really was going to die this time. I looked around to find the man I'd seen in the vehicle with the pretty eyes or for Ty. Panicking when I couldn't find them, my sweat started to break out on my forehead.

The man who had grabbed me looked familiar, but I couldn't place where I had seen him. Maybe one of fathers friends. As he reached a hand out, I shrunk back in fear, and this was when it really hit me, I was going to die. Panic hit me, like a punch to the stomach, causing me to stagger back.

Silence descended as, the only sound was my breathing, which was getting faster and faster. I couldn't breathe properly, which caused me to panic even more. Whimpering I slowly backed away even more, staring at all the people. 

When I couldn't breathe properly to a point where I thought I was going to collapse, there was a shout, and the crowd parted, revealing a tall women charging her way through the crowd, looking furious.

She was gorgeous,  in a classy way, with her dark green eyes, curly dark brown hair, and her beautiful, dark skin.

My eyes widened as she came nearer. Is she going to help me? Or did father ask her to do this? As she came to stand beside the man in front of me, the one who had tackled me to the floor, she hissed at him and he moved aside, looking ashamed. Now, as she came to stand closer, I realized she was much, much taller than me. I regarded her with eyes full of curiosity and terror.

As if sensing that, she softened her gaze and smiled warmly. I instantly felt relieved, this woman was here to help me. She was going to save me. She was going to get me out of here.

I timidly took a step closer to her. I wanted her help, and the only way of conveying that I wanted to leave this place was to speak. My vocal cords were a bit...damaged. Even after I had become selectively mute, Father had thought it was a good idea if I should never be able to speak again. Even Ty's powerful healing couldn't save my voice.

''O-out..'' I cleared my throat, and the woman leaned in, listening intently. 

''I.. want t-to le-leave.'' My voice was husky, due to Fathers punishment, but she seemed to understand well enough and sadness entered her eyes.

''P-please'' I tried once again, and she looked at the man she had hissed at, uncertainly.

He reached out to her, and I reacted before I could think. Grabbing onto her arm, I pulled her behind me, out of reach of that man, and stared at him. He looked taken aback, and stepped forward, but I stepped back too, keeping the woman behind me at all times.

This woman was like me, she needed help.

But that thought fled my mind as I felt something prick my arm, and I started feeling drowsy.

Killian

Everyone tensed as she put Lisa behind her, getting ready to spring into action to help Jace's mate. But when Ember did nothing but stare at Jace, it dawned upon us that she was protecting her from...us.

Shocked that even in a situation like this, she still had the urge to protect Lisa, made me send a thank you to God for blessing me with a mate like this.

We all stood in silence, communicating through our minds with each other through the link that bonds us, when Lisa's voice came through, and she informed us she was going to sedate Ember.

'Okay, but if she gets violent, I'm interfering.'  I knew Jace's intentions were well, he needed to protect his mate, but Ember was my mate, and I was going to protect her to any extent.

'Don't you dare fucking touch. My. Mate.' I felt the shock of the others upon hearing this, but there was no time right now.

As Ember was lowered to the ground, she whimpered, and it broke my heart.