Chapter 3:

I was chilling at home when I heard a knock at the door. I went to answer the door and Mason was standing there with his head down.
"Hi Mase, I haven't seen you in ages you u always seem upset. Are you okay?"
"Ben is cheating on you."
"W-what? Mase you can't lie to me like that it isn't funny."
"I'm not lying I saw him with this girl in a pub kissing last night."
"What he told me he couldn't make it because he was hanging with the boys. Mason are you sure though you can't joke like that this is serious."
"I'm sure I know what I saw."
"Mason, I trust Ben, he is my boyfriend I know he wouldn't do that you can't lie to me." I said with anger spilling out of me.
"Y/n I swear I have proof."
"I don't want to hear it." I yelled and slammed the door in his face.
The next day at training I completely ignored everything Mason said and stayed with Ben.
"Ben I trust you but are you cheating on me?"
"No why would you think that?"
"Someone told me."
"Who?"
"I'm not going to say who because you will punch them,"
"Y/n tell me."
"Okay Mason but don't you dare punch him."
"Why are YOU cheating on me is that why you asked me trying to cover it up." His voice over powering mine and scaring me.
"No I swear." I said timidly.
"Okay I believe you, but don't you dare stick up for him ever again. Do you hear me?"
I nodded nervously.
"Okay, love you,"
"Love you too," I muttered.

That night Mason knocked on the door of my house shoving a picture of him kissing another girl on his phone. I suddenly couldn't feel my legs and collapsed on the floor Mason helped me up. I could feel my face become wet of tears.
"I-I'm so sorry Mase, I'm sorry I didn't believe you, I'm sorry I went out with him and I'm sorry I ignored you."
"Hey, hey don't apologise, you did nothing wrong. Do you want to watch a film in your room."
I nodded and he carried me upstairs.
I got a text from Ben.

Ben 💔

Hi Y/n come over
I want to watch a movie
With you.

Hi, sorry I'm watching one
With Mason

WHAT! your watching one
with HIM. I
Told you to stay away from him

The thing is I would have listened
if you hadn't CHEATED

*no reply*

"I'm sorry Y/n ."
"What for?"
"Not being there for you."
"Please don't be. If anyone should be sorry I should."
"Don't be sorry. Stay with me tomorrow at training."
"Thank you Mase."
"Of course anything for my best friend,"
For some reason the word friend stung my insides and felt like I wanted to be more.