Chapter 54: So a knight and a detective visits an author...

"Come at me!" Oga shouted.

"Synchronicity Release!", my clothes changed as I entered Synchronicity.

I could feel Yoclesh's soul in Anya and I resonated with her. Using Oni Rush, I attacked Oga. Darkness wrapped around his arms and we sparred for a while.

My body became heavy as a strong headache entered my mind. I got out of sync again.

"Hmm... 2 minutes and 28 seconds. You're improving", Oga said.

"Thanks... I'm getting a hang of using Oni Rush", I replied.

Every morning, I would go out and train with Oga because Temma was far away. I was actually surprised that Oga's house was nearby and he agreed to train me.

My Synchronicity training was going well. I could last for more than 2 minutes. It was not long but it's good enough to be a trump card for a battle. If I could last 2 minutes against a guy like Oga, I wouldn't have any trouble against anyone.

"The sun's rising. You should go home and rest. You used Synchronicity so your body must be really tired", Oga said.

"Yeah... Thanks for today, Oga", I thanked him.

"No problem. This is good exercise for me."

I returned to Amelia's house... That's right. I was living with Amelia.

When I went to the kitchen, I saw Amelia in an apron and was cooking.

"Good morning. Breakfast's almost ready", she greeted.

I probably couldn't get used to this. While waiting for breakfast to be ready, I went to the bathroom to take a shower.

The 13th unit's dormitories were being renovated and every resident was forced to relocate. I had trouble finding a place to stay when Amelia offered her house.

It was actually weird that a girl and boy would live together under one roof. I mean, it was justifiable since I was her friend and she was just helping but I wondered how the others would think about us. But it's pointless to think about it. Amelia and I already shared a bed. Living in the same house was not that bad compared to that.

Breakfast was ready after I showered. I put on casual clothes like a blue hooded coat, gray shirt, and black pants. When I lost my memories and went on a trip to find the Hall of Memories, the clothes that I wore were my knight uniform. It was weird to parade around as a knight even when I wasn't on duty so I decided to shop for more casual clothes.

I was actually surprised that Amelia was a good cook. I thought she would be too busy in detective work to actually have time to practice cooking.

We began eating breakfast.

"What are your plans for today?" Amelia asked.

"I have no idea", I answered.

It was the weekend and I had no idea what to do. When I was still in the dormitories, I would go to the Captain's Office and do paperwork. It was not like I was a workaholic or anything. I just had nothing to do.

But now that the barracks was far away, I couldn't just enter and do work.

"Maybe I should just hang out in your office", I said.

"Are you interested in detective work?" she asked.

"Yeah. And I could probably help out in more ways than one. I'm a knight and I can access the records center or allow you to enter restricted areas."

"That's a great idea. You could come with me today."

"Really? Where are we going?"

"To a famous author's house."