Ch. 3

They silently creep up behind the group, making sure not to make a sound and to step in the places where they aren't visible to the group, but still can see and hear them.

Chiron opened the door and let the group walk into the Big House basement, where all the meetings are held. Tori quickly knelt down behind a bush and pulled Henry next to her.

When he closes the door, we'll creep over to the door and listen. This is great! Tori thought while peering over the bush tops.

Chiron lets everyone in, and says something to them. Then he turns around looks right at where Tori and Henry were positioned, and walks over.

"Get down" Tori said as she flattened her back on the ground. Henry crawled under the underbrush a few feet away. They stayed silent while footsteps, or should I say the sound of hoofs, came closer.

Henry looked over at Tori. He mouthed Does he know we are here? A motioned his head to the other side of the bushes. Tori shrugged when a shadow appeared over her.

She quickly turned over and met eyes with Chiron. He wasn't showing signs of angry, which was pretty good.

"Hello Tori." He said to me, and then to Henry. "Hello Henry."

"Sir, we can explain." Henry said, crawling out of his spot. They exchange looks and start talking.

Tori started. "This morning, I was reading and then I noticed that it suddenly got a lot darker. Darker than earlier..."

Henry interrupted. "I noticed it too."

"Yeah. So then I went to the cabin.."

"And the two of us started talking about talking to you about the sky..."

"And how the gods may be angry."

"Yeah, so we went to dinner but then you left. So then we decided to follow you and the cabin leaders..."

"And all we want to know is why are the gods upset and what will happen." Tori finished off.

Chiron stared at them. He sighed and said, "You two can't expect to receive all the information."

Tori and Henry both nod as he continues.

"You may come to this meeting. But only this one. We don't want everyone to know about this stuff." Chiron said.

"We understand, sir." Henry says.

"Okay then. Follow me." Chiron said, leading them to the Big House.

Henry helped Tori up and then the two walk after the centaur, anxious for answers.