I Have A Cat

Thea and Daisy were making out on the stairs to Thea's apartment. They stumbled to the door, giggling and shushing each other; Thea really didn't want to wake her landlady again. That poor woman (probably) didn't deserve it. Thea searched through her bag for her keys as Daisy kissed her shoulder and fumbled with the bottom of her shirt, possibly contemplating whether she wanted to slip her hand under it then or later.

As they pushed the door open and turned on the lights (not once ceasing to laugh), they found three figures in the living room and recognised them as the small group from the bar. Thea yelped and Daisy stepped in front of her protectively, letting out a subtle hic from all the drinks they had earlier.

Oh no.

"Do you know these people?" Daisy asked her new friend. Thea shook her head rapidly, not taking her eyes off them.

The blonde girl raised her hands in defence. "Calm down, we're not here to hurt anyone—"

"You're joking, right? That's a fucking demon." The girl with the pink hair scowled. She was holding Devie in her arms. "She really couldn't make it any more obvious."

"She's not doing anything wrong, Dorothy..." the blonde told her carefully.

"What the Hell is going on?" Thea spoke up. "And could you please put my cat down?"

"We're from Winston Mansion. Your aunt sent us to pick you up," the boy replied. Dorothy put Devie down and the cat ran off.

What a wise cat... If there's anyone worthy of respect in here, it's the cat.

"Oh, sure, because I'd follow the three strangers that broke into my house and picked up my cat anywhere. I don't have an aunt, not that it's any of your business. You've got the wrong place, now fuck off." She (drunkenly) gestured around with her hand, then pointed at the door with her thumb.

Dorothy leaned towards the blonde. "Did she completely miss the part when I said there's a demon standing in front of her?"

"Oh, for Hell's sake! Witches weren't this annoying the last time I was around! It's like you're de-evolving or something." Daisy rolled her eyes. "You heard the lady, you've got the wrong place, get out."

The blonde squared her shoulders. She clearly wanted things to be done with so she could go home or wherever. "You're Alethea Robin Doe, are you not?"

Daisy tensed and looked confused for a moment. "What...?"

Thea shrugged. "And what of it?"

"Your mum was Lilly Winston; she died a few weeks after giving birth to you. For unknown reasons, you ended up in an orphanage instead of at the family home. We've been trying to find you ever since we found out you existed, which hasn't been very long," the girl paused. She seemed awfully calm and confident, but at the same time as if she wanted to be anywhere else but there. "I'm your cousin, Audrey Winston."

I think she's telling the truth.

Thea stared at her, not wanting to believe a single word she said. She resisted the urge to look at the ring she had hanging from her neck, her mother's ring. She'd seen it a thousand times before, she knew very well it had the initials L.W. carved on it, but this must have been a coincidence. "You're lying."

I hate you. You know I'm right. You're doing this on purpose.

Daisy was visibly nervous as she whispered at her. "What the Hell? You didn't tell me you're a Winston..."

"I have no idea what she's talking about. I told you, I grew up in foster care."

Dorothy scoffed. "Just ask your demon friend. I doubt she just happened to stumble upon you when Hell's turned upside down trying to get to you before us."