One Last Time

These days, nothing is more precious than to treasure each memory that people make, despite them not realizing that they are making the memories themselves. Since people cannot vividly remember parts of their life - unless if it brings an emotional impact, whether it's positive or negative - the best piece of technology for the job is a camera. An object that can create photographic memories with just a quick snap... and it helps capture moments that would otherwise be overlooked.

The flashing light always intrigues the caring sister as she rarely sees any cameras in person at a young age and once exposed to it, she becomes fascinated. Fortunately for Mari, one of her closest friends is basically a photographer who enjoys taking photographs of moments that goes by so fast that he gets to witness life in stop motion. The caring sister also partakes in the experience by oftentimes snatching his camera for a quick snap from time to time, to which she does ask permission since she's aware that it means so much to him.

The memories she shares with her closest friends is a gem that will be capsuled deeply in her heart. She doesn't know, however, that instead of a flashing light from a camera, Mari would ultimately see a blinding light from her vision.

Once she wakes up from her unusual slumber, the girl notices a strange phenomenon; her body is nearly transparent as if she's almost see-through at this point. After diverting her attention away from her physical body, the environment she is on as of now is empty... complete nothingness. Looking below her this time, Mari realizes that she has been standing on the air as if she has the ability of flight, which only gives her more questions in her mind.

First one being, where is she right now? She has little to no recollection on her past experience... but once she digs deeper into her memories, the caring girl's eyes widens as she remembers a revelation... The girl can only reminisce the moment of her mortal body ceasing its life as it lays down on the floor, motionless and in extreme shock. Despite that, her eyes are completely closed in that moment and she instinctively feels a tightening feeling around her neck. It doesn't hurt her... but the pain is familiar to the poor girl.

Though she couldn't feel pain, Mari can definitely recognize the agony she once felt... Wait a minute... once felt? The girl couldn't remember any instance of pain before she has come to whatever this plane of existence is... but Mari just couldn't shake off the feeling that something drastic happened to her. Whichever the case, all she wants is to go back home to his little brother... Awe... he must be worried sick about me, the older sister thinks to herself as it gives her motivation to leave this place... The problem is that she has no place to go, as the surroundings around her is essentially an empty void.

The sister yawns out of nowhere before she tries to take a nap where she is standing. The girl thought of wandering around and hoping to ask some people for directions, but Mari doubts that she can find any more living beings in this desolate area. Somewhere inside of her, a strong energy resonates within and for the first time in a long while, the girl is filled with determination as she can only hope and pray that she'll make her way back home... Mari has a dream, believing it to be real.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Faraway School... the same educational institution where her little brother - Sunny - attends to, well, attended since she is aware that he'll be moving soon. Before coming back from her trance, Mari notices that she is sitting on a bench with children that are sleeping, playing rough with one another, eating snacks, etc... and from the looks of it, they seem to just finish their school hours for the day. For some odd reason, the girl's head aches as she covers her entire face, so that the kids won't see her in a distressed state.

Strangely enough, the children doesn't see Mari's presence... or that they just don't care. Surely, she's back where she wants to be... right? The older sister takes a quick inspection on her hand and sure enough, it's not as transparent as it was before. As the kids hurry along to their parents calling out their names, Mari only sits there alone, not knowing what to do in a situation such as this. This seemingly distant location has become a vivid memory overtime as the girl remembers that today is a special day for his brother... because it's his first time celebrating a birthday within school grounds.