Levi Ackerman // Soldier

b/n - brother's name

your brother will be about 3 or 4 years younger than you

-------------------------------------

"Just one more battle, then I'll make you my wife, I promise." Levi, who almost never smile, smiled at you softly. 

"I'll wait." You returned his smile with tears in your eyes. "But don't make me wait too long."

He nodded before kissing you gently on the lips before hopping on his horse. Tears rolled down your cheeks as you watched him go further and further away to the HQ.

"Hey, onee-chan." Your little brother came out of the house with a jacket. "You better come inside before your sickness worsen. Big bro wouldn't like that."

"Aye aye, captain." You joked

"Onee-chan, when do you think big bro would come back?" He wondered as he led you back into the house.

"Hmm, I have no idea. But I'm sure he won't take long."

"Yeah! I can't wait until he comes back!"

You chuckled, "Alright, alright. You better take a shower now. You stink."

"Hey...!" He pouted

.

A few weeks past yet Levi still hasn't returned. You watched as the neighbor's son hug her mother, who was delighted to see her son back from the battlefield. You feared the worst.

"Sis... don't worry about it too much!" B/N sat next to you, "Big bro is strong, he'll come home soon. Maybe there's just a lot of things to do in the HQ."

You nodded, "I hope that's the case."

A bit of silence then took over the two of you before someone knocked on the door. You struggled to stand up but your brother pushed you back on the seat. 

"Don't worry about it, sis. I'll get it." He said before walking over to the front door and opening it.

"Good afternoon, sir. I was wondering if Ms. L/N is home?" 

"Ah, I'm her brother. Do you think I can convey the message?"

"It... it would be better if..."

"What is it?" You slowly walked to the front door. 

"Sis!" B/N rushed over and helped you to stand better

In front of the door stood a young soldier. He immediately saluted when he saw you

"Connie Springer at your service, ma'am!"

"Good afternoon, Connie. Do you need anything?" You smiled at him

He took out a small wooden box handed it over, "I'm sorry, ma'am, sir! He was a great soldier and a great captain! His death wasn't in vain!" The soldier saluted again before walking away.

You slowly slumped to the floor, tears rolled down your cheeks as you looked back at the wooden box.

"Sis!" B/N exclaimed, he quickly closed the door before kneeling to the same level as you.

You were about to open the box before he put his hand on the cover, "Please...you don't have to open this you know..."

You gently removed his hand before opening the box, what laid in there was a torn badge of the wings of freedom, and two detached fingers. You shut your eyes for a few seconds as you closed the box again. 

"B/N, I want to take a nap. Could you please help me to the bedroom?"

"Y-yes, of course." He answered instantly before taking the box and placing it on a shelf and helping you up. 

You laid in bed and closed your eyes. Thinking about the man you loved for almost your whole life.

.

About 2 more days passed, it was night. You and B/N sat under the blossom tree in the front yard. You laid your head on his shoulder and gazed at the stars.

"I wonder if he's watching me right now..." You spoke

"I'm sure big bro is looking after you."

"For the first time, I feel like dying isn't a bad thing." You chuckled, "I don't fear it anymore. Because I'll see him again."

B/N wrapped his arm around you, shaking and trying to not let his tears fall. "No, don't say that. Please don't leave me alone."

"Am I a good sister?"

"Yes, you're the best sister I could ask for. So please..."

"That was good to hear." You closed your eyes and smiled

"No, Y/N, open your eyes. It's not bedtime yet."

"Hm, but I'm kind of sleepy. Let me sleep early for this once."

"No, no, no... not today..."

"Sorry B/N, you're also a great brother. I love you a lot, okay?"

He nodded and kept his mouth shut because he was afraid that he's going to burst out crying if he opens it.

A few more hours passed, your body was slowly going cold and stiff, but B/N still held you close.

A horse galloped in the distance and got nearer and nearer until it stopped right in front of the house. B/N looked up with hallow eyes, only to see the familiar man his sister loved. Levi stood there, panting, he had bandages all over his body, even on his face.

"W-" he about to talk before B/N mentioned for him to keep quiet

"She's asleep." 

"Then I'll carry her ins-"

"No, it's okay. You shouldn't push yourself that much."

Levi kept quiet as he watched B/N picking you up, your stiff body made Levi frown.

"Are you sure she's not cold?"

"Shut up, she waited for you for so long, we thought you were dead. Where were you?!"

"I thought we should keep quiet, she's-"

"She's dead! Happy? Y/N L/N is dead. D E A D."

"What?"

"You fucking heard me, Levi Ackerman."

The walk to the bedroom was silent, B/N tucked you in like you were really just sleeping. He looked at you lovingly before he turned around and stared at the injured soldier. 

"When she heard that you were dead, she gave up her treatments thinking she can see you again if she died too. She thought she could be with you forever without any fear. I don't blame you for anything, but you better keep your promise, or I'll kill you." With that, B/N left the room.

Levi walked closer to your body and brought his hands closer to your face, wanting to caress your face like he used to. But he couldn't touch you, afraid that he'll break you if he does.

"Not you too..."

.

The day after, it was dawn. you laid in your coffin as Levi slipped the wedding ring onto your ring finger and stroked your h/c locks.

"I kept my promise, you're officially my wife now." He smiled, even though tears shined in his eyes.

"Y/N Ackerman."