00

5 years ago...

The fluorescent light of my dorm bathroom blinked as I stared at the small plastic stick in my hands and the two strong pink lines that were still forming.

It's positive.

"What the fuck are we meant to do?"

"What are we meant to do?! What am I meant to do?!"

"How about you try another one?"

"Jessie, this is the fifth one, they can't all be wrong can they?"

"You're so fucked Hattie"

"Yeah well that's kinda how we got into this situation in the first place isn't it" I said rolling my eyes. Jessie snorted before dissolving into a fit of giggles.

After about five minutes of uncontrolled laughter and wiping the tears from her eyes, Jessie regained her composure and turned to me, looking very serious. "So what are you going to do?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, are you gonna keep it?"

"What?!"

"Hey! No judgment from me here, I'm with you whatever you choose to do! I'm just trying to find out if I should look for clinics near us—"

"Jesus Jessie!"

"Look, I'm just trying to help you consider all of your options!" She said, throwing her hands up with exasperation.

There was a moment of silence as I stared down at the two lines on the plastic stick. I noticed that subconsciously my hand had moved and was now settled on my slightly bloated stomach. I know who it is, it could only be one person. Namjoon. But Namjoon had left 3 months ago for idol training, that's how we got into this mess.

If a scandal like this came out, he wouldn't be able to debut, or it would ruin his career.

I can't have that, not for Joonie.

'Fuck.' I thought to myself.

"I-I think... I think I'm gonna keep it."

"Well, I finally have an excuse to be a wine aunt!" Jessie replied with a beaming smile. The raven-haired girl then looked at me curiously, "Can I ask who it is?"

"Christ Jessie, you're making it seem like I've slept with the whole soccer team!"

"Well, have you?" She quirked an eyebrow. "No judgment here, sis"

"No!" I sighed, exhausted and emotions rolling through me.

"Do you know who it is?" She asked quietly.

I turned to look at her. "Promise you won't tell a soul!"

"Cross my heart and hope to die!"

"...Namjoon..."

"NAMJOON!" She yelled, loud enough that I was sure girls on the floor above us had heard her.

"Shhhhhhh! What did I just say? The whole dorm probably heard you!" My cheeks burned bright red with embarrassment.

"Sorry!" She said, clamping her hand over her mouth. "I didn't realise the two of you had... you know..."

"It was the night before he left.."

"Are you going to tell him?"

"Are you joking?! He's just started training! You know what he's like if I told him he'd drop everything to come back and help! I can't jeopardise his career like that!"

"Well, this has kinda jeopardised your career, Hattie,"

"I'll make it work. I'll find something."

"If it helps at all, you'll always have me Hattie." She said with a soft smile.

Tears welled in my eyes, I was far too overwhelmed. "Thank you, Jessie,"

My roommate pulled me into a tight hug. "You've got this,"

"I hope so,"