On The Stage

This was obviously supposed to be published after Weibo, but I didn't really have this idea back then and also, today's occasion calls for something special.

So, here you go.

"Laoban, we are here." Xiao Zhan's assistant said, bringing him out of his reverie.

He got out of the car, handing his mobile phone to her and entered the venue.

It was the "Weibo Night Awards". One of the most important award ceremony of the year. Lots of government officials and other important people attend it every year, calling for decency and best behaviour. He was a sane minded and careful person, who would always think before speaking and try not to be rude to anyone. His award winning smile just makes it all easier.

But he knew someone who was a complete opposite and had a good chance to fuck it all up. But this thing was so important that even he was on his best behaviour. Mostly.

Xiao zhan walked the red carpet casually, all muscle memory now, and signed the board, already containing signatures from other people in the entertainment industry.

The flashes of the cameras were blinding, but not for people like him who now lived in front of it literally every day.

Today he was in a crisp black suit and a tie. It was a very simple thing, nothing like what he wore last year. His suit last year was also black, similar to this one, but only from the front. On the back it had a gold embroidered sign of libra, his own sun sign and a few stars. Nothing suspicious, right?? But if you observed the stars carefully, you would have found that they make up leo.

His sun sign.

Coming back to the present, he was a bit disappointed with the sitting arrangement, because he was supposed to sit together with Huang ZiTao, Wu Yifan, Lu Han and one other guy, but they changed it at the last minute and made him sit a whole block and a few rows away, with the co actress of his upcoming drama, Yang Zi.

The fans are going to be disappointed too, for sure. Everyone was well aware that people were dying to see him with a certain someone, even though they just shared a stage on Tencent Awards.

The management wouldn't have done that if he as much as hinted towards it, but maybe it was for their own good. He was well aware of how difficult it is to hide his emotions when a bratty gremlin is just a few metres away from him. Don't even get him started on how that idiot behaved. They weren't allowed to talk to each other or even look at each other in front of anyone, much less government people.

He settled down on his seat, beside Yang Zi, who was wearing a very pretty and huge pink gown. She looked beautiful.

They got along well together, she was a nice girl and a very good actress.

Hopefully, their drama will come out soon, he was scared that it would have to be cancelled because of what happened last year, but his comeback was so strong that he was still the most sought after celebrity in China.

"Hi." He greeted with a wide smile.

"Hello, Xiao zhan." She did likewise. "You look very handsome."

"Thank you."

She raised an eyebrow.

"Oh..... I am sorry. You look amazing. Very beautiful. Sorry again." Xiao zhan looked embarrassed.

Yang Zi just giggled.

It was rude to not compliment a woman, when she is sitting right next to you in an event and accompanying you to the said event. In his defense, his mind just doesn't form any advancement in that way anymore. Ever since he committed himself forever, he just feels very relaxed as he doesn't have to think about his dating life.

It was a well known secret in the industry now, and if anyone ever has doubts, he just says "I am sorry, I am already in love with someone. " And their doubts dissipate just like that. He can't say this in the public of course. There he uses 'no time for dating' and 'not too old yet'. They work.

As for the other party, no one even dares to talk, much less ask him out.

Xiao zhan is a lucky man.

The ceremony went on as expected. He was awarded the Weibo King title for the second time in a row and Yang Zi Weibo Queen. They were made to do some silly stuff on the stage as usual, to keep people entertained.

The Hot artist of the year award went to Huang Zitao and his beloved piggy, his man at home, his Leo boyfriend, the most handsome brat in the country —Wang Yibo.

He looked stunning in that all black suit. And his hairstyle was to die for. Xiao zhan couldn't take his eyes off him. He had the most hard working, the most beautiful person inside out as his very own boyfriend. How did he get so lucky???

No one could control their laughter when Wang Yibo was made to drive a mini(very mini) bike on the stage, which he not so surprisingly, did effortlessly. He was a professional bike racer after all.

Being an exo, he was very jealous who his boyfriend was sitting with. But alas, it just wasn't meant to be. He might get to meet them in the after party, though.

As the ceremony was coming to an end, his anxiety started increasing tremendously. They were very obviously going to call all the top artists of the year on the stage together, which included him, Yang Zi, Zhao Liying, Wu Yifan, Yang Mi and Wang Yibo.

This wasn't the first time they were doing this, but he was nervous nonetheless.

What if he unconsciously started staring at him in the middle of it or what if he just smiled at him or even worse, what if he talked to him???

Xiao zhan was thinking about his boyfriend of course, because Wang Yibo found some kind of thrill in doing such things, even though he hasn't really done any such thing in award ceremonies. Yet.

His interviews are proof enough of what he is capable of.

Well, that didn matter now, because their names were called and now Yang Zi was slowly arising from her seat due to her huge costume, which he failed to pick up thrice while helping her on stage earlier.

You can't blame him though, because this was just his second time coming here and last time he was here because of CQL and his on screen husband didn't wear any gowns off screen too. So he just never had any practice with such things.

This time she had some help from her assistants, considering his ability or rather, inability to help her.

Both of them reached earlier on stage than others, due to their seats in the front. Everyone made their thanking  speeches and they made theirs too. He almost stopped breathing when Wang Yibo was speaking, just like on Tencent, but he managed to stand still and not make any funny expressions.

At last the ceremony was concluded and they made their way towards the stairs.

Just to be clear, Weibo Night did have this final stage thing, but very surprisingly, they didn't invite Wang Yibo on the stage, which they should have. It feels strange to not call someone like him on stage. Apart from that, everything else is true.

I hope you will enjoy this fic.

Please don't forget to vote and comment.