Prologue

Magic.

This product of fairy-tales was systematized as an actual technology at the dawn of the 21st century. Due to the drastic climate cooling that began around the year 2030, the food supply dwindled.

Energy sources were frequently fought over, and in 2045 World War Three (WW3) broke out, lasting for 20 years. The population plummeted to 3 billion. The fact that this didn't escalate to a thermonuclear war was entirely due to the global solidarity of the world's magic technicians.

And now it's the end of the 21st century under these tenous circumstances, every nation is competing in the race to develop magicians.

10/11/2088 / Kuroba Defense-Offense Tactical Force Headquarters / Osaka Prefecture

An elder man in a black suit walks along a metal corridor with two men two feet behind him dressed in similar suits although altered slightly, the colour of deep navy blue with dark grey ties. Pitch black shades hide each of their eyes from the almost non existent light within the hallway, A red light washes over each man as they halt in front of a large seven foot tall steel door.

-Please state your name and rank-

"Kudou Retsu, Head of the Kudou Family"

-Name authorized, Welcome Kudou-san-

The sound of gears turning and air releasing sounds with a soundless rattle, the steel doors slide open revealing a room filled with people in suits or lab coats, the most noticeable feature about the room is a glass wall separating them with a girl no older than ten wearing a black combat suit, holding a rifle like CAD, inside a white room . "Ah, Kudou-san you've arrived." Kuroba Arata spoke whilst , reading Minako's new strategies and tactics "It seems that the simulation hasn't started yet Kuroba-san." Kudou spoke, his eyes trained to the little girl "We have just finished the preparations, the simulation will start in 1 minute, in the meanwhile why not sit down Kudou-san." Kuroba spoke whilst gesturing to a seat beside him "Very well"

Alarms blared through the room signaling the start of the simulation, the once white room that the girl resided became a dark city-like landscape. The people inside the room watch in amazement on how the girl execute her missions perfectly "This simulation is to test Minako's control over her abilities so far, No?" Kudou asked "That is correct, as of now she is beyond expectation. Her control over it is near to full" Kuroba answered, now reading Minako's new statistics "Oh? It would really be nice if Minako can be my bodyguard then. Having The Void Drifter can certainly be beneficial. " Kudou mused "Are you implying that you wanted the downfall of the Kuroba Tactical Force? You do know that Minako is our family's ace." Kuroba replied still reading Minako's statistic.

"Well one couldn't help but wonder, she is one of the Strategic Class Magician, not to mention the one who caused Lost Christmas single-handed, making many countries fear her alias Kameya Tomoko or more known as Void Drifter." Kudou spoke, now watching Minako "Hmmm..." Kuroba only hummed. Alarms once more blared through the room signifying the end of the simulation. The dark room became white again, the girl took of her helmet revealing black tresses, a round young face, and the most eye-catching trait, her shining golden coloured eyes staring right at Kuroba and Kudou. Her Subspace lances floating behind her. She then proceeded to exit the simulation room.

"Well then the simulation has finished, why not we go to a more private room to discuss other matters, that you wish to consult with me." Kuroba stated, he put Minako's statistics down on a nearby table, then gestured to another metal door, where most likely a private conference room is located "Very well" Kudou muses.

Kuroba Minako's Overall Statistics

Targets killed 10/10

Casualties 0/10

Plan execution 10/10

Overall score 10/10

Request Kuroba Yumi for detailed results