The history project

AG and I didn't alk much after I told her about my agruement with my father. We just sat there until Beauty came upstairs to see if I was staying and let us know dinner was ready. AG seemed pretty happy about going down to eat, but after my fight with my father I didn't have much apitiet. All I was thinking was that hopefull Beauty and Sebastion wouldn't ask anything that would make me have to tell them about mum and dad or lie. I mean I could always just be vague, right?

I was snapped form my thoughts by AG's voice telling to hurry up ir we'd be late for dinner and grabbing my hand to pull me down the hall faster. When we got to the dining room there were four places set, Sebastion at the head of the table, Beauty on the side closer to the door by herself and the other two empty places set across the table from her. We walked over and AG plopped down across from Beauty and I took my seat next to her. One of the kitchen staff walked into the room and put our dinner in the middle of the table with a pitcher of water and left the room.

We started off dinner in silence, interupted only by occasional banter. Then Beauty turned to me and said, "I'm very happy your parents said you could stay the night, I was worried about you walking back home after dark." She told me in the most sincere way that I almost wanted to spill everything about the fact that it wasn't my parents it was just my dad, and why. But I didn't. Beauty had plenty enough of her own problems with one kid, another on the way and a library to run. I knew she wouldn't have cared or been made or anything if I told her, but it felt unnesacry.

"Thank you for letting me stay." I said, smiling in return. I then turned my  face back down to my spaghetti and meatballs.

"So, how is your history project going, girls?" Sebastion said after a minute or two of silence.

"It's omce along great! We finnished it actually, we could show it to you after dinner if you'd like." AG said smiling, as she got animated talking about the project. She was really proud of it, I was too. I think it's pretty cool and we actually got to choose and interesting topic for the project since Proffessor Wolfington had left the specifics of it up to us, we had a general time period and location to choose a topic from, but the topic was still up to us.

"That would be wonderful. And what's the project about, again?" Beauty said, giving us a sweet smile. On anyone else that smile would like forced or exagerated but it just fit on Beauty.

"It's about the day-to-day life of ancient people in Sparta and how it contrasts from males to females even though it was one of the more fair places of the time period." I said, I knew that topic in and out now, we had a speech and a poster. Most of the time AG had been working on the poster, making it look good and show off the information in a flachy way that made people want to look at it. I, on the other hand, had spent most of my time on the speech. I think it came out pretty well. (I know that's a random topic but I had no idea what to make it about)

"Well that certianly seems like it has an appeal to learning about." Beauty said smiling.

"Yeah, and we assumed most of the boys were going to be talking weapons, battles, or warships." AG said with a shrug, which was true, we had in part chosen out topid so that it would stand out. After all, we could only listen to so many speeches on all the ways people used to kill each other before we got bored. Well, maybe Ollie wouldn't get bored.

"Plus most people probably saw day-to-day life as boring anyway, so it would be a good topic to make the project stand out. And it will make it even more impressive if the project is really as interesting as we think it is." I said, me and AG had made sure that we wouldn't have the same project as anyone else. Even if someone else a project that involved Women's lives, it was doubtful they would of put the Spartans in the light AG and I had. They probably would Spartica as the place where women and men were equal in ancient times and women had the rights they deserved, but it's just not completely true.

We talked out project for most of the rest of dinner and when dinner was over AG and I went to get the speech and the project. The project was just a tri-fold poster board, but I think AG spruced it up quite a bit. She started explaining certain things on the board to her parents and telling them things that were difficult to work in or she thought were cool. I added a little bit because there were a few really cool things on the board. Then I gave them the speech I'd written and AG started screaming about how good it was when I finnished because she hadn't heard the whole thing yet either.

Then we headed up to AG's room to go to bed as she had started yawning in the middle of her second time explaining things on the board and freaking out over how much she liked my speech. Which I thought was overkill, because it wasn't spectacular or anything but it was pretty good.

"Do you need to borrow PJs? Of course you do, who carries PJs in their bag.." AG said as she opened her closet to grab us both something to wear to sleep in.

"I wouldn't put it past Kayla." I said and AG started laughing.

"No, I wouldn't either." She said and I went to the bathroom to change and when I got back AG was in her  PJs too. Well I guess I was also in AG's PJs, techincally. At first I wasn't sure were I was supposed to be sleeping but then AG grabbed my arm and pulled me onto her bed and rolled to the other side of it. So that was that question answered. I fell asleep about a half an hour or an hour after AG as my mind was still swarming with thoughts of my dad and I's fight. I was really mad at him.

As you should be Gilly, I made him a total jerk last chapter. Also sorry for the randomness of the history project topic but I could totally see Gilly go full feminist mode and make a project about inequality, or any inqueality really. Anyways, thanks for reading, rating and commenting! <3