Mommy's Prince

I don't know exactly when it happened. The moment when I stopped being your little angel. But it happened, there's no denying but I also have no intention of going back. You blame me for everything I do wrong but do you ever see the small shit I did that was right? I do the littlest things, just to see if you'd notice. Taking the trash cans to the curb and back, bass practice. The fact that I'm having way on my way to graduating. But do you see any of it?! Not a damn thing. It's like you want me to be this perfect little carbon copy of everyone else. Well, the good ones anyway. Get good grades, go to college. I can't do that! If I can't handle the pressure of my freshman in high school without bailing on everything, what in the HELL makes you think I'm going survive college! I wanna get a job, save up and travel. I wanna be an artist. But I'm not good enough to go to art school. I wanna be an author. I wanna be a musician. Being a doctor, or a lawyer isn't me! It never will be me. And as many times as I say that, you say you understand but you don't understand a word I'm saying! I don't wanna go to college! And I'm obviously making shit worse on you so I don't know why I'm still around. Put me in Miyor Hall. Throw me on the streets. I'd rather be there than here making everything worse for everybody around me. I just hate being here. But to be on my own? I couldn't do that. I'd take someone with me. But I'm sorry. Sorry that I make you cry. Sorry that I make you drink. Sorry that I ever survived any of my suicide attempts. Most of all, I'm sorry I'm not Mommy's Little Perfect Prince anymore. I wish you hadn't had someone like me as your child, there are some nights when I think you deserve better than me. Some nights I don't care. And nights like tonight where I hope you rot in hell where you belong. So maybe I'm not as sorry as I thought I was.