Chapter 19 - One last shot

The shot echoed throughout the cavern. Asta had a terrified look in his eyes as any person held at gunpoint would. However, it wasn't his brain that got blown out. Barbossa lifted his flintlock in a confused gesture towards Jack, who turned out to be the one, who fired the shot.

"For ten years you carry  that pistol and now you waste your shot." Barbossa laughed.

"He didn't waste it" was heard from behind Barbossa. The man turned and his smile froze. He saw Noelle, with her hand slit and the coins stained with her blood. She then opened her hand and the gold fell back home. With a cling of a clashing metal, the curse was lifted. Asta smiled. Barbossa then shot a quick glare at Jack and then proceeded to unbutton his shirt revealing a now bleeding wound. Barbossa smiled. Jack felt his knees weaken as a ten years worth of hatred washed over him. He stared aimlesly at the person, that took everything from him. And now, Jack would take everything back.

"I feel. Cold." Barbossa said before collapsing and letting go of the apple he was so eager to eat. 

Captain wasn't the only one that died that night. The crew that was still fighting onboard the Doughty felt a sudden release and then many of them felt sharp pain. Namely the one that charged Nozel head on and was impaled on a mercury spear the moment the curse was lifted. He just smiled and then collapsed, with the spear still embedded in his abdomen. He won't  be pulling it out this time. Everyone just stood around confused, looking around, trying to make sense of the situation. In the cabin the trio noticed lack of pressure coming from the wardrobe. They decided to investigate, since everything went quiet. When they opened the wardrobe a bit, a foul smell filled the room, almost making everyone present throw up. They quickly locked the door with a chair. The pirate crew aboard noticed that they were still standing in the moonlight, yet they were in their base forms. Even worse, they felt everything and were now outnumbered. One by one they laid their weapons down. Only one picking things up was Ragetti, who finaly managed to catch his eye and return it to it's rightful place. When he got up however, he was staring down a barrel of a musket alongside Pintel. The ones wielding these guns were our team rocket of the magic knights. The two team rockets met at last.

"Parley?" Pintel said as he held his hands up.

"The ship is ours, gentlemen." Nozel said and the deck exploded with cheers of the soldiers. At this time the trio exited the cabin and joined on the cheers. They all deserved this victory.

"We did it" Dorothy shouted as she lunged herself into Nozel's arms.

"Glad you're okay, i was so worried about you." Nozel said, blushing.

"Oh, who's my little softie." Dorothy teased, but stopped when she felt everyone's stares.

"What are you all looking at back to work!" Nozel commanded. The two then turned their attention towards the cave. Noelle was standing over the chest examining it. She then heard footsteps coming behind her. When she turned, she saw Asta carrying his semi-bloodied sword. They stared at eachother, not knowing what to say. Well thankfully for them a loud crash broke the akward silence. When they turned to see what the hell it was, they saw Jack casually pick up something very valuable and then toss it behind him like it was worthless. They both chuckled.

"Pirates be pirares." said Asta, making Noelle laugh loudly.

"So what now?" Noelle asked, still laughing a bit.

"I'm gonna ready the rowboat. Everyone must be worried about us." Asta said.

"Yeah, they must be" Noelle said, looking at Asta with her heart beating rapidly.

"You coming?" Asta asked, clueless as ever.

"No, I think I am gonna stick around for a while" Noelle said, flustered.