Chapter 7: Oh Wow! The Prince is an Idiot!

"I'm so excited to have you guys here!" Patton said, leading Roman and Virgil into his home. It was dug under a tree, between the roots, a thin rock used as a door. "It's a bit messy, cause Flippers doesn't know how to sit still."

"Flippers?" Virgil asked.

"My pet frog!" Patton told him. He whistled and Virgil heard a ribbit. Soon a small green frog came hopping into view, Patton opened his arms and the small amphibian jumped up onto him. "Isn't he adorable?"

"Patton, is that you?" they heard Janus call, and he came into the living room.

"Oh, you're home!" Patton set Flippers down and flew towards Janus, wrapping him in a hug.

Janus gave him a kiss on the head. "Hello love, it's great to see you." He looked up to the prince and borrower. "Seems like you've brought guests."

"It's great to see you, Jan," Roman said.

"Only your brother, Patton, and Logan can call me that."

"Well... okay then."

"What are you doing home?" Patton asked him.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you I'm taking the day off from work. I needed a small break."

"All you ever do is take breaks," Roman reminded him.

"Your highness, you wound me! I'm a very hard worker."

"Especially with Remus."

"I am his guard! It's not my fault he takes me to restaurants with Logan and Patton often."

"Whatever." Roman rolled his eyes.

"How has it been with the prince?" Janus asked Virgil.

"Not as bad as I thought," Virgil answered.

"I will admit, it's a bit annoying having to be his babysitter," Roman complained. "Especially since he can't fly."

"Not everyone has wings, princey. Besides, I would have been perfectly fine if you had just left me alone on the river bank."

"Actually, if he had left you then you would have gotten an infection in your injuries. Especially that bad wound on your leg," Patton explained. "And you had a worrying amount of water in your lungs, luckily I was able to get it out. If I hadn't, you would have gotten serious lung damage."

"Patton dear, you're scaring him," Janus warned.

Roman glanced back to see Virgil's ears were down. He did look quite uncomfortable.

"I-it's fine," Virgil told them, laughing it off. "I mean, I'm better now. Thank you for that by the way."

"Come on, why don't we sit down," Roman suggested, waving Virgil to the couch.

Flippers followed them and the second Virgil sat down, the frog jumped on his lap. Not knowing what else to do, Virgil gave him a small pat on the head.

"How are your injuries by the way?" Patton asked, fluttering over. "Have they healed?"

"Yeah, surprisingly enough they're gone."

"That's probably because of the ointment I used! It's infused with magic so injuries can heal faster."

"That's smart. How does your magic work exactly?"

"Oh! That's a fun question. We all have our own magic sorta. I'm a healer, but I'm great with water. It's hard to explain, but I can kinda make the water move how I want it to. That's how I was able to get the water out of your lungs! The ointment was infused with another fairy's magic, one that can heal injuries."