Chapter 17: Insane

"What? What do you mean he's gone?" I was utterly confused. I was just with Randall only minutes ago and now he's gone?

"I heard a loud noise in the shed and when I went to check on Randall, he was gone" Dale said between breaths.

"That can't be possible, I was just with him like five minutes ago" I said.

Dale looked around, "Well if what you said is true then he couldn't have gone far"

"Where's my dad and Shane? Do they know?" Carl asked.

"Rick is in the barn... I don't know where Shane went, no body knows except us" Dale said.

I nodded, "I'll go find Rick. Carl and Dale, I need you to gather everyone up, tell them what happened" I ordered. They both nodded.

I ran down to the barn where Rick was tying a rope to the ceiling. "Rick!" I shouted. He looked down from the window of the barn. "It's Randall... He's gone?"

Rick dropped the rope, both of us running back to the group where a beaten Shane panted for air. "Shane what happened?" Rick asked.

His eyes were swollen, his nose croaked. Blood streamed from his bruised forehead. "I took Randall to the woods, he got lose. Beat the crap out of me"

Why did Shane take Randall to the woods in the first place? By the look on Ricks face, he never knew about it and neither did the group. "Daryl, Glenn, Shane, gather your weapons. We need to find Randall before he gets back to his group. Who knows what they'll do to is when they find him" Rick ordered.

All four men ran into the woods when I had realized Carl wasn't anywhere to be seen. "Hey Lori, have you seen Carl?" I asked.

"I think he's inside the house sweet heart" Lori said as folded clothing.

I walked inside the barn house to only find Maggie and Beth chatting at the kitchen island. "What are you looking for Hun?" Maggie asked.

"Carl, is he in here?" I asked.

Both of them shook their heads, "He hasn't ate a foot in this house all week" Beth said.

I sighed, "Okay thanks" I walked out of the house, circling the camp.

Where in the world is Carl? I told him to gather everyone up with Dale unless...

He went after Randall. I knew he would do that! He had one job and instead he decided to play hero and hunt down Randall. If Randall nearly blinded Shane, he'd for sure murder Carl. I swear that boy never thinks! Anger boiled inside as I ran into the woods.

"Carl!" I whispered loudly. Silence.

The sky turned dark as the sun slowly slipped beneath the horizon. A couple minutes passed and I still haven't found Carl. Why didn't he just do what I told him to? With the night sky and Randall still lose, I was in a death zone. It was almost too dark to see which way I was going.

"Carl!" I whispered loudly again. Still nothing.

My teeth began to chatter from the cold air, goosebumps growing along my bare arms. Sudden growling broke the silence. I spun around to see arms emerge from dark shadows. I placed my hand on my gun to only realize I had used all my ammo back at the bar.

I ripped out the blade from my pocket. The walker's pale skin started shredding around his jaw, fresh blood pouring from its mouth. Wait a second. That walker looks a lot like... I froze. "Randall?" I gasped.

Randall stumbled towards me, reaching for my neck. I took a step back, holding the blade at his head. An arrow oeuvres the side of his head causing the walker to collapse to the floor. I turned my head to see Daryl and Glenn starring at me confusingly.