3

I look outside and examined the towns of Italy. We were on our way to his house. Boy was I wrong, it was as big as 2 huge mansions.

"Woah" I stepped out of the car and took a deep breath. "I told everyone about you," he said as he walked up next to me. I glance at him but I don't say a word. He opens the door slowly to reveal a lot of people standing there "SURPRISE" they all yell, and some of them pop Confetti poppers. As soon as the pop sound happened I quickly flinched and hid beside James.

"Guys I told you not-" "relax, we didn't know she would get scared," an unknown voice said. "Still, how could you be so careless? Arianna tame your kid" James says to the women.

"Grey relax, it's fine. Calm down. I'll show you to your room" surprise surprise the room was freaking huge! I could fit 2 huge limousines. "Is it too small?" James says from behind

"this is huge, Mr. James. I don't need a room this big" I clarified "you deserve the world Grey, and please don't call me Mr.James" I nodded. Although I'm probably still going to call him that.

Not too long after I was left alone. I began to unpack. I pulled out a photo of me and my mom. God, I miss her. I'd do anything just to see her again.

There was a faint knock on the door. I wiped the tear away and said "come in".

"Hey Grey, I see your settling in well right?" James said staying at the door. "Yeah, I guess" I placed the photo on my nightstand and turned around "I wanted to introduce you to everyone" he was nervous it was so easy to tell. I nodded 'yes' and we made our way out.

"Be prepared, it's a big family" he chuckled. I gave him a mini smile. "Okay Grey! This is my sister Arianna" he points to a woman with jet black hair. The same gorgeous grey eyes as James, And tall. "This is Romeo" he now points to a man with once again jet black hair, curly although. Super-tall. And pretty handsome as well "he is Arianna's son" for almost 15 minutes I had a mini conversation with each of them. James also introduced me to his friends who work with him in business.

No sign of his fiancée though. Getting bored of this I walked up to James and asked if I could be excused. I made my way out of the living room and walked down the long ass hallway.

"I knew it!" I hear an annoyingly high-pitched voice say "he brought another slut home" I quickly turned around to see a woman wearing almost nothing. Long, and when I say long, I mean LONG high heels and blonde hair.

"I'm sorry what?" I managed to say "you!" She said coming closer to me "I'm talking about you. You little slut" and in a moment, I was slapped.

I hear gasps around the room. I placed my hand on my cheek. "Jess!" I hear James yell. He yanks her away from me. "You're taking this sluts side! How dare you bring another woman home!"

He yelled back at him. "She's my fucking daughter!" Her eyes had widened at that moment. Before anyone could notice I walked away. I closed my door and lay in bed. I had just gotten here, and I've messed everything up.

I messed with my biological father's love life. I came into this family and messed it up.

"Grey, honey," Arianna said, coming into my room. I didn't move from the position I was in. "Can I be left alone please" I whispered out I knew Arianna had left because I heard the door close. Sooner or later I fell asleep. my eyes slowly fluttered open. A sigh left my mouth. Realizing this wasn't a dream. I do everything I normally do in the morning.

I decided to wear black sweatpants with a light purple oversized tee. I look down at the clock. 1:00pm. I took a deep breath and made my way down. I'm surprised I haven't gotten lost yet.

"I'm trying Ari, I just don't think she wants this" I heard James say from what I'm assuming is an office base on the door. I know eavesdropping is bad but...

"she needs time James. You're acting as if she's going to act completely normal!"

"I lost 17 years. Goddamn 17! I just-"

"I understand James but. Give her space she'll come around"

"three days into being a dad, and I'm failing" I felt so guilty. Was I being hard on him?

"I've noticed" I hear Romeo's voice. "Either she looks at you and does not say a word, or nods her head. What's up with that?" Dang "Romeo," Arianna says in a 'warning' voice "what? I'm being honest she's weird"

my eyes start to tear up. I hate being emotional, but these last few days have been hard. "don't you dare talk about my daughter like that" I tried to blink the tears away, but unfortunately it was too late. The tears began to stream down my face. The door slowly opened. Not wanting to see anyone's reaction I walked away.

"Grey!" I hear James call "fuck" he whispered and ran up to me. "Grey?" "Am I weird?" I say wiping the tears "no! Of course not!" He hugged me.

"And you're not hugging back." He pulled away. "Sorry" "I'll beat Romeo up for you if you'd like" he chuckled. At this point, I just felt numb. His joke wasn't even funny. "Excuse me," I said and walked out.

Not too long after I found this gorgeous garden, it was pretty huge. It had cement on one half and the other fake grass. I found this porch swing, coloured in black. Mom always wanted one of these. I took a deep breath and sat down.

"I could buy you another one for your room," James said walked towards me. I let out a little smile and turned my head. "I'm sorry for what Romeo said" "It's fine, I don't care" I lied, I do care.

"I can tell your lying, your mom had the same look in her eyes when she lied." I scoffed "I'm trying Grey, really I am. I don't know how to be a dad," he says softly. 

I was being hard on him, I am, aren't i. "There's something I need to tell you," he said as he sat on the ground in front of me, and grabbing my hand "I'm a maf-"

"James don't you dare" Arianna came running "she's my daughter she deserves to know" he scoffed "but-" I raised an eyebrow in confusion. "I know this might change everything but, I want you to know" he looked back at me.

"how about we head over to your office James" Arianna signs out. Are they going to get rid of me? Have I been an ungrateful bitch. I sat down on the couch James had in his office.

He grabbed his office desk chair and moved it in front of me "are you sure you want to tell her" Arianna whispered (not so much) James nodded yes. "Have you heard of the Mafia"