Chapter 5 - Marlene Williams

THE FIRST night, I barely slept. All I could do was toss and turn about my bed, asking myself billions of questions I had no answer too. Luckily, at least I was up early, and wouldn't be late to breakfast or any of my classes.

I went to my trunk and grabbed my robes, the Gryffindor emblem sewn in new and shiny on the breast alongside the red trim. They came with a skirt, some black trousers, a sweater, and a red and gold house tie. I ran to the bathroom, opting for the trousers instead of the skirt, and tried not to wake the other girls. Quickly, I changed out of my pajamas, and, when I was done, walked out of the small room holding my clothes in one hand.

Looking in the mirror and fixing my robe, I brushed the Gryffindor patch, making sure it could be seen on my long robes. Joking about, I pulled out my wand and began to pose in the mirror, feeling giddy with excitement for the first day.

I actually get to use my wand today!

The door opened suddenly and Hermione walked in, holding her own robes. She paused briefly before she giggled, "I didn't see anything." she said with an amused smirk, walking to an open stall. I laughed nervously, grabbing my pajamas and rushing out the door.

The other girls were still sleeping as I walked out, so I quietly opened my trunk and put my pajamas back. As I slid it across the floor back underneath my bed, Rosalie sat up, startled at the noise.

She looked down at me on the floor with sleepy eyes, "What are you doing?" she asked with a groggy voice.

"Getting ready for my first day, as you should be." I said walking over to her bed, a small smirk growing on my face.

"It's still dark outside!" she complained looking out the window.

"It's 6:40," I stated, crossing my arms. "Breakfast is at 7:30."

She let out a groan and flopped back down on her bed, "Wake me up at 7, please." she said, face down on her pillow.

"Will do!" I walked away and sat back onto my bed, getting ready to write to Mum. I saw that Violette and Genevieve had woken up and were getting dressed, so I looked back down at the piece of paper and began writing.

I took the piece of paper and folded it up neatly, tucking it into an envelope

I took the piece of paper and folded it up neatly, tucking it into an envelope. "To the Williams' house, thank you." I gave the envelope to my owl, Oliver, who held it, gently, in his beak.

Opening the window, I watched as he flew over the great lake and into the distance, disappearing into the fog. I turned to my clock again, checking the time: 6:50. Looking back at the room, I saw that Violette and Hermione were sitting on a bed across from each other, talking and giggling. They both had their robes on and were sat with their legs crossed into a pretzel shape. Hermione's hair was still frizzy, even more so from the incoming fog, while Violette's was pulled up and out of her face. Seeing Genevieve on her bed writing, I decided to skip over and sit on the bed.