𝒕𝒘𝒐

02. CHAPTER TWO

a run in with the devil

LOVE.

It was a dangerous thing. Love can make you do crazy shit and you don't even realise it until the damage has been done. It could drive you up the walls and straight into hell without any warning. It could strand you in the middle of a storm, leaving you all alone wondering where you went wrong. It could shatter your heart into a million pieces over, and over, and over.

A lot of people get their hearts broken. They cry every night to sleep thinking they've lost the love of their life. In the moment, their life was ending – all because some bastard decided to fuck with them time and time again.

But sometimes, love can be the most euphoric thing in the world. It can make you smile and whatever feeling of sadness or grief or anger will diminish, just because a single person walked into your life. Your bad days become good, your storms become rainbows and your misery becomes contentment.

Willow Brown never knew much about love. Her parents were divorced and quite frankly, her mother was jacked in the head. It was a miracle when her father filed the divorce papers and won custody of his daughter. If he hadn't won, Willow would be stuck living with the uptightiest bitch in Charleston who had less than three braincells to work with.

So no, Willow Brown was clueless when it came to choosing the right man. Sure, she knew the surface level qualities she wanted but that doesn't make up for what's within. And she didn't want to find herself in the same marriage or situation her dad had to be put in.

But nevertheless, the way Lana Grubbs sat beside her, tears rolling down her cheeks, a tissue in hand and her hands shaking, Willow knew the Grubbs had found the right love and managed to keep it with them all this time. Even if they had fought numerous times, Willow could tell – anyone could tell – Lana Grubbs loved her husband with every fiber of her being.

"Ms Lana–" Willow called out as the woman swung the door open. Her head turned back, a sniffle sounding as she stared into Willow's eyes. "You'll find him." the blonde assured, smiling softly as the woman sent her the same warm grin.

Willow watched as Lana Grubbs shakily made her way towards the front door of the Cameron household, her head hung low as she knocked on the door numerous times. Willow inhaled deeply as Ward Cameron swung the door to the house open, his confusion visible as Lana bombarded him with questions about Scooter. She noticed the stiffening of Ward's shoulders at his name but shook it off as he led her into the house.

The blonde bit her bottom lip, contemplating her decisions. Should she wait for Lana Grubbs and drop her home when she's done? Would she even be there for that long? Has she gone to the sheriff?

"Brown!" a voice beamed causing the girl to jump in her seat. Her head snapped to the window beside her, her shoulders untensing at the sight of Rafe Cameron.

The girl rolled her window down, rolling her eyes as the smirk on the blond Cameron's face widened. His arm was resting on the roof of her grey jeep, his other hand stuffed into his pocket as he looked down at her.

"You, uh, stalking me?" the boy asked lowly, not bothering to hide the enthusiasm in his voice.

Willow rolled her eyes harder, her head lightly shaking. "Stalking to kill you, yeah–" the blonde smiled sarcastically, her eyes squinted from the sun as she stared into Rafe's eyes. "For sure."

The blond chuckled, his fingers lightly tapping against the roof. "Oh Brown, you couldn't hurt me if you tried." he mocked, his face leaning in through the window, his neck above the rolled down glass.

Willow smirked, moving her face towards him. Her finger pulled the lever by her door causing the glass to move upwards although Rafe was too busy to notice. The two were inches from kissing when the glass hit the blond in his throat right before Willow released the lever.

Rafe pulled himself out of the car, his fingers on his throat as he coughed violently.

"Well—" the blonde smiled contently causing the boy to glare at her. "I tried." she assured, shrugging nonchalantly.

"And succeeded."

And just like that, Rafe watched as the blonde drove past him, his eyes locked on the back of the jeep. Rafe Cameron was not the type to chase after a girl. It was always the other way around and that was the law of the world. Every single girl he's managed to fuck were like sitting ducks, waiting in a line to get their chance at his touch. But never, never Willow Brown.

There wasn't even anything remotely perfect about the girl. Sure, her reputation precedes her as this little walking ray of sunshine but there was more to it than that. More than just happiness and unicorns and rainbows. Willow Brown may have a facade of being perfect, and Rafe Cameron may barely know her, but there was more to this chick than meets the eye.

And Rafe was eager to watch her break.

authors note
chapters might switch between
long and short especially in the
beginning. hope yall like them
anyways :)