4. Divorce

His grip was making red marks on my wrist that I wiggled beneath him. We were still staring each other's dark orbs filled with so many emotions and thought.

"Leave me! You are hurting me. Can't you see I don't want to see your face?! "

"Oh, sorry because you have to face me. And you are right, I don't think about you, why would I? You are the worst mistake I ever did. The damn I care what you need because we both know it's a forced marriage."

"Then why you control me? If you don't then you are no one to judge who I am meeting with."

"Trust me, I wouldn't budge if it weren't for the wedding ring you are wearing. Mark my words, if you were no my wife on papers then I would have already left you."

"Huh! Left me? Why don't you directly say that you feel bored and found yourself a mistress? I must say that bitch Yuna is really a great seducer."

I gritted teeth furrowing my eyebrows, piercing into his soul. His orbs went more dark and with that he pressed me more against the wall, slamming his palm beside my head.

"How dare you think that low of me? You are insane to think I would do that."

"Now you don't have to act. I saw you both with my own eyes. Every single time I visit your company I see you both stick like you are dating. Tell me, are the rumours true that you sleep with her. Do you really made excuses on weekends that you'll be late because of work? Was she your work??"

He slammed his hands on the wall and stepped back grabbing his hair. He looked back to me then grabbing the lamp beside the couch he threw it n the floor.

"You believe I'm a manwhore, don't you? You go around the city in these clothes with him then you call me that... I never thought that I was living with a slut."

That word triggered something in me, beyond a limit I was little in anger. He played with my dignity now he would experience what it is said to not mess with a injured tigress.

I went and threw the crockery down on the floor. Pointing to him I went closer but maintained a distance.

"I never called you a manwhore but looks like you know yourself better than me. You don't allow me to meet Jimin but you stay 24x7 with that hoe saying it's your profession? Aren't you guilty for treating me this way?"

"You are definitely insane. We are in business field, we need to have a connection. You can't expect me to stay away from everyone."

"It's not everyone but her! Why you text her back after midnight? Why your conversation is filled with memes while you answer me in words? Why does you send her emojis while I am desperate to hear to say something to me? Am I not worth your time??"

I lifted the weight off my shoulder but it's too painful. Tears fell down without my conscience.

"What am I supposed to talk with you? About household? Yeah, right. You are seriously not worth of my time. There's a whole company I have to manage but here you want me to talk about spices and laundry."

"Do I look like a maid to you? I have feelings too. I also want someone to talk with me when I am tired of cleaning, someone to comfort me when I am feeling vulnerable."

"That's the problem, you always think of yourself. I work my ass off in the office not for you but for the people who depends on the company for their livelihood. If I won't contribute to work then do you think I get the company more successful? No because spending time with you is nothing but a waste of time." He said and dropped on the couch, massaging his temples.

I walked closer and stood in closer to him.

" I also depend on you. We took vows then why can't you give me equal importance..... Do you regret marrying me?"

He lifted his head to make eye contact with me. Silence filled the air as none of us dared to speak anything. The atmosphere was getting tensed while we looked each other with disappointments hat we don't trust each other anymore.

"Yes. I regret it. Sometimes I even wish that we should have never met at the first place. I knew that just because of our parents we shouldn't have married but we did, now look how awful of a couple we became. "

My heart broke into two after hearing him. He never tried to make effort but still has the audacity to speak like I was at fault.

" Wow! Looks like I was a fool to take care of this house, making it a home while you were nowhere to be found. I always endured your attitude as I thought one day you'll love me back but no even after one year of marriage you still say that this relationship was worthless." I said sarcastically and he stood up in front of me with our nose touching.

"Don't you dare speak to me like that or you'll regret." He roared and started to walk back to the room.

I couldn't bear someone not taking my worries seriously and since I was expressing them to the one who caused it, he was going to leave me alone. I wanted an answer not silence then how could he treat me like that..

I looked outside the glass windows and mumbled," It would've been better if we had never married on the first place."

I was as silent as ever but maybe the air was so clear that he heard what I said and retraced to me.

"What did you said?"

"N- Nothing. It's none of your business."

I passed by him but he held my wrist and swirled me around to face him.

"What. Did. You. Said?"

Earlier I hesitated since my words were rude and mean but the way he was acting now was vulgar.

"I spoke that it would have been better if we would have never married. You could've married your secretary and I would've gotten myself a caring boyfriend who'll know my worth."

I yanked my hand and stepped back without breaking the eye contact. Turning on my heels I stepped forward but then he suggested something that I wanted in impulse but I knew it would hurt more in a long run.

"Divorce."

I look at him, unsure whether what I heard was correct or I was hallucinating.

"W-What?"

"You heard it right. Let's get divorce if we don't trust each other. Like you wanted everything will resolve once we part. You'll get your freedom and I'll get my peace. We would become strangers like we never met before. Are you fine with that?"

My heart stopped as if he crushed it into small particles. He literally cut off the last string of our bond like it was nothing more than a thread ruining a designer dress.

He stepped on my dignity yet he behaves like I was the one forcing him to take this action. I can't take this anymore as now I wanted to be free, free from him or any burden that was holding me back from achieving my dreams. If going away from him would chance me freedom and independence to become a full time painter then I don't need anything else.

"Yeah.."

That word spill out very smoothly from my tongue, even I never expected myself to say that. For a second I doubted m decision, somewhere in my heart I wanted him to take his words back and the time to turn back but time never reverses for anyone.

" Cool...then tomorrow I will book an appointment in the law firm."

I nodded and we parted away. He slept in the bedroom while I took over the couch in the living room to avoid him because I did not wanted him to see me... sobbing.