IT ALL STARTED WITH A PICKLE

Authors pov:
It was the last day before school ends for summer vacations and everyone seems pretty enthusiastic because after a long span of 5 months finally the vacations have arrived. The school ground is filled with chirping of little birds and whispering of girls who are excited to wave goodbye to school for the next 2 months. The crowd is bustling because the 2nd reminder that the lunch break is over has already been rung and the girls are being escorted back to class.

Mairyn pov:

I don't know how can somebody enjoy a pickle like it's just thrown from heaven or it just descended with wings. It's been past 30 minutes since she started munching on her pickles and she is so much engrossed in eating them that the 2nd bell of the lunch break has rung.

"Hey, Mairyn what are you stalling at ?", asked Liz. " Your eyes will burst out of your sockets..... Just look at the way you are glaring at the poor girl."

"Poor girl! Are you nuts Liz , look carefully she's the HAILI SANDERS." , said Trisha. "Although we have never met her because we were in different sections from the past 5 yrs but that doesn't means you are not aware of the world around you. You're in your mind right??."

"Hey, Trish... Don't mind this fool", Mairyn said mocking at Liz " She's always been out our mind and it's quite difficult to keep your mind in place if your mind is of the great Liz." Liz nudged her elbow to Mairyn who was continuously laughing and mocking at her. "Ouchhh!!.... It hurts", remarked Mairyn. " Trish, the girl over there is Haili Sanders right? I just bumped into her once during physics class and she seems rude to talk with. She just said sorry like s-o-w-w-y and brushed past me. Rude isn't it??"

" Look Mairyn it's none of our business 'cause she's the one who has always been in the limelight due to her great grades and the fact that she always wins in interschool competitions. You know the most amusing thing about her is that she is never interested in talking to people. She has an ego sort of thing with her. " , Enora blurted. "Pack up your leftovers and let's get going otherwise Ms. Koshy is gonna chew our brains out."

Author's pov:

Just when all the girls were about to leave Mairyn started walking towards the girl even when the school's building is in the opposite direction. Mairyn wasn't sure whether she got irritated by her continuous munching on pickles or was she captivated by her. Mairyn couldn't stop even when her friends started shouting on her but nevertheless she kept walking towards the girl as if she was in her possession.

Haili's pov: 

I don't understand why Amy gets jealous of me every time. Is she jealous or is she worried about me. It's totally confusing, I never understand her, she's from outer planet. I think she needs space because we got different sections this year. I'm gonna leave her until she cools down.

Amy Adams has been my friend cum "secret box" since 6th grade, we both were kind of inseparable but the shuffle has separated us and beginning 8th grade without her by my side was quite boring because it's the first time I am without her and she shouted on me that I am the one who is not keeping my calm and always going to find her during lunch break. 

So, instead of bothering her I decided to avoid her and eat my lunch without her company. I being sad and pathetic that today I am going to eat alone forgot that the second bell of lunch has already rung.

Why is that girl coming towards me??  

"Hey."

"You talking to me," Haili pointed her index finger towards her with a shocked face.

"Yup, ummmm I was here to remind you that bell has rung and you being my classmate should be aware that the class right now is of Miss Koshy."

"Miss KOSHY," Haili exclaimed with a shocked face. "Oh!!! I was out of my space..... Ummmm Sorry.... ummm Thank you."

"Nevermind, I was here to remind you that only. You should get going.", Mairyn said.

"Ummm.... hey!!! Pickles????", Haili offered her lunch box towards Mairyn.

Mairyn was shocked that why the RUDE girl was offering her pickles. Is she dreaming or is Haili out of her mind.

"Ummmm.... Thanks", Mairyn remarked after taking a single pickle out of Haili's lunchbox. "I Mairyn Tez Mullock, by the way. I think you are shuffled for the first time in this section."

"Haili Evive Sanders", Haili reached out her hands towards Mairyn. "I never noticed you in class..... Sorry!!! My bad."

"Let's get going otherwise Miss Koshy is gonna shove the perfect kid of of her class.", Mairyn replied after shaking her hands with Haili.

"Let's talk after class Mairyn.... You seem pretty cool to talk with.", Haili went to class leaving Mairyn behind with a piece of pickle in her hand."

"Sure...."