💋𝟑𝟏.

"Back In One Piece. . ."
-Aaliyah & DMX💋

Chapter 31:

August

The Next Morning

The Next Morning

Central Park

August sat on the wooden park bench tossing crumbs to the birds as he sat in deep contemplation. His life had come full circle, and it seemed as though the one person who he had thought was lost forever had come back to him. His life felt more complete.

August was trying to step away from the game for good reason. The streets had sucked the life out of him. After almost losing Ariel and Antwan to the evils of the street war, August knew that the game was bound to push him too far and that it was time to step down before he did something that he would forever regret.

He was confident in his successor by handing over his leadership to Khyrie as being Damontrez's new right hand man, but with Damario naturally disapproving of the changes it created conflict.

Jealousy was in the air, and August knew that he would have to play mediator between his best friend since childhood and his business partner's hot-headed brother.

"Look at you, big homie, out here in da' open. I know retirement don't got you slippin' like 'dat. If I wanted to get you--"

"--Ya' couldn't," August finished as he stood and turned around to greet Damontrez, who had approached him from behind.

He pointed his finger fifty yards ahead of him and then off to both sides, showing Damontrez that he was never left unprotected. Three of his shooters patrolled the perimeter of the park, eyes on August at all times.

August moved like a boss. He knew the position that he had in the streets. He was like a trophy to thirsty young wolves. The reputation one could get from taking him out was enough to make him a target. The only thing that kept him secure was the respect he had earned since moving to New York.

Many niggas had the courage to take the shot, but very few had the courage to miss. Hitting August was easier said than done, and should someone try and fail, the repercussions were deadly.

Damontrez smirked and shook his head, "I should have known," he said.

The two men began to stroll through Central Park as Damontrez filled August in on the final details of their new partnership with Royale Casino in Las Vegas.

Since August would be moving to Sin City within the next week, he would be the sole owner of their majority shares of the casino, while Damontrez being a silent partner and investor, will be conducting business as usual with the streets and Bowe Reality back in the big Apple.

"So in two weeks we'll have the contracts drawn up 'n ready for you to sign. But since you're inkin' da' deal, 'dey asked for you to fly out 'n do it." Damontrez stated. "Which ain't nun' cause I'll just have da' private jet gased 'n ready 'den to handle 'dat."