💋𝟏𝟒.

"Regret In Your Tears. . ."
-Nicki Minaj💋

Chapter 14:

Ariel

Tears stung the lids of Ariel's eyes as she stood underneath the steaming hot water with her head hung low

Tears stung the lids of Ariel's eyes as she stood underneath the steaming hot water with her head hung low. She wept, biting her bottom lip to stop her cries from being so audible. Her chest heaved and her mind spun.

Ariel hated Jarod for causing her so much pain, and after finding everything out that's been going on behind her back for so long with Kelsey and multiple other women, she was at her final straw with dealing with him.

It was officially over between them, and Ariel hated herself for waisting so much of her time and energy on a toxic relationship that was only destined to crash and burn. Jarod is too damage, and would never change.

The more she reflected on her past decisions that she had made, caused Ariel to regret being so blind and naive. If she had only just taken the time for herself the first time her and Jarod had split up, then she wouldn't be in this position.

She could've moved on and been happy, but instead she fell into his enticing love trap for a second time, and found herself heart broken once again. She quickly stepped out of the shower and wrapped herself in a towel.

Wiping the condensation from the mirror she stared at herself. She silently condemned the woman who stared back at her. Ariel's eyes were bloodshot and swollen from her endless crying, and as she stared at the woman in the mirror, she couldn't even recognize herself.

She was not the same girl. The woman staring back at her was not Ariel Jones.

At that point, she realized that she had not looked at herself in three days. Every time she used the bathroom, she would just avoid eye contact with the mirror, almost as if she were ashamed.

Her bruised forehead brought tears to her eyes once again, as she examined the painful evident marks of her domestic abuse. Ariel immediately grew furious, not
realizing the damage that Jarod had done to her appearance until now.

Tears slid down her cheeks as the reoccurring images of Jarod hitting her replayed in her mind.

"I can't believe 'dat mutha'fucka hit me." She whispered softly, as she shook her head in disbelief.

She was hurt more then anything, because she felt like the bruise was a symbol of their whole relationship being based on a lie. Ariel and Jarod didn't have shit no more, all the loyalty, honesty, and trust was dead and it couldn't be repaired.

Love should not be full of heartache and pain. It should be joyful, filled with unconditional love and genuine trust. But fuck it. Ariel was over all that shit, because she felt like she would never have true love. Ever.