*ANGST* || Crying Through Our Song

Lana Del Rey x M!OC

Continuation of Crying In Your Sweatshirt. So, Part 2.

I suggest listening to the songs in here when they come up, to get the ultimate feel experience.

I don't regret breaking your hearts. ;)

Word Count: 3,375

Lana's POV

It had been two weeks since Ambrose sent me home in that taxi, crying. For the first three days, I did nothing but lay in bed, crying my eyes out, cursing at the world, and questioning why it chose me to pick on.

By day five, I told myself that maybe it really is for the best, and to stop sobbing like a baby. I was tempted to drown myself with alcohol, try to numb the feelings, but I swore that I would never go back. I've been sober for too long, and I wasn't going to let Ambrose ruin all of my hard work and progress.

Here, now, as we rehearse for tonight's show, I force myself to focus on doing just that; rehearsing. So far, every song has gone smoothly for me singing wise, the production hasn't had any problems either, and the band has been smooth as well.

Looking at the set list, I saw that Salvatore was next, with The Blackest Day after that. Closing the show, would be Venice Bitch, since it's the longest and the best time to interact with fans.

"Alright, ready, Byron?"

I looked back to him and he gave a thumbs up. Soon, the production started, and I began the opening line:

"All the lights in Miami, begin to gleam..."

----- Fast forward about 6 hours -----

The show has been going well so far, and now, Salvatore is up next. I looked down to the floor, holding the mic on the stand, before looking back up as the production started, looking into the crowd of people that I was lucky enough to call fans.

"All the lights in Miami begin to gleam.. Ruby, blue and green, neon too.."

I licked my lips slightly before continuing.

"Everything looks better from above my king.. Like aqua marine, ocean's blue.."

I took a deep breath, preparing.

"Ah-ah-ah-ah, ah-ah-ah-ah-ah, Cacciatore.. La-da-da-da-da, la-da-da-da-da, Limousines.."

I continued to sing the rest of the chorus, truly putting emotion into it as I closed my eyes. Finishing the chorus, looked down to the floor again as I waited for the slight production break to end, thinking of the next lyrics.

"All the lights are sparkling for you it seems.. On the downtown scenes.. shady blue.."

Sighing slightly, I continued, my eyes closed.

"Beatboxing and rapping in the summer rain..! Like a boss, you sang jazz and blues.."

Taking that deep breath again, I sang the chorus, holding every note beautifully. Coming down to the third verse, I opened my eyes, looking out into the crowd and seeing a few glistening eyes. I closed my eyes and looked back behind me slightly, suddenly remembering the man I retied this song to. I felt my heart ache.

Turning back towards the mic, I swallowed thickly, forcing myself to keep my composure. I was almost through with the song, I could do this.

"The summer's wild and I've been waiting for you.. All this time, I adore you.. Can't you see, you're meant for me?"